Senior Category Manager, Walmart Advisor
Demand Xcelerator is a team that represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership, and Space Engineering resources to support Sales and Marketing plans for enterprise, national, and regional customers across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers. The Demand Xcelerator will help PepsiCo provide our customers cutting edge data and insights, as well as, personalized solutions to drive incremental growth for both our customers and PepsiCo.
Primary responsibility is to lead, enhance, and grow the PepsiCo Advisor relationship with the Category Buyer by being the unbiased thought leader and go-to resource for all category and consumer trends as well as merchandising solutions. Drive shopper specific granular analytics from multiple data sources across markets, shoppers, and consumers to make business building recommendations for category growth. Importantly, this position requires both data and business savvy, as well as effective communication and problem solving skills in order to provide consultative category management to the shopper.
Key Functional Imperatives:
- Category Expert - Delivers weekly category performance reporting and communication. Additionally, conducts regular business reviews focused upon opportunity identification through deep 4P analytics into narrowly defined immediate business problems to solve.
- Strategic Thought Partner – Drive Insights to Action by conducting state of the business, category, macro-trends, competitive landscape, pricing, assortment optimization, early indicators, and shopper trends.
- People – Lead, coach and develop direct report (Senior Category Analyst), elevating their capabilities within current role as well as creating stretch opportunities to drive individual growth
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA degree preferred
- 5-10 years' experience across CPG and Category Management
- Prior People Management Experience Preferred
- Proficiency in shopper data and analytics
- Need thorough understanding of IRI/Nielsen syndicated data, HH panel, ShoperSights,etc
- Well versed in Microsoft suite of products, Excel/PowerPoint
- Comfortable and desiring to present at the Senior Executive Level
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multi-task
- Strong project management skills, ability to thrive in a matrix environment
- Creativity and strategy skills
- Persuasive leadership and influencing skills
- Business relationship management
- Strong organization and communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical, data analysis, problem solving, and storytelling experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement