Primary responsibility is to tender loads to carriers utilizing the TMS tool in a manner that insures the customer requested ship dates (RSD/RAD/SAT are met.
- Route orders daily in compliance with the transportation route guide; ensuring timely execution to meet the requested ship date and secure carrier capacity.
- Operate the Transportation Management System (TMS) to route orders,track carrier performance and troubleshoot any loads that may be at risk of missing the requested arrival date.
- Ensure all new orders comply with guidelines on weight and method of shipment.
- Schedule appointmens in WMS on all loads; working with the third party facility manager on dock capacity scheduling.
- Work with drop carriers to maintain trailer pool.
- Work with Customer Accout Specialists (CAS) on scheduling issues.
- Maintain reason code input within WMS for open order status reporting.
- Review previous day's dock schedule to ensure all orders shipped.
-Warehouse/Distribution or Transportation scheduling experience preferred
- Associates or Bachelor degree in related field stongly preferred.
- Strong MS Office skills required (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point and Access), prior SAP experience a plus
- Strong communication skills including good verbal, written and listening skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously/self starter
- Team player
- Ability to consistently achieve desired results, manage multiple tasks, set priorities, act decisively and set personal high standards
- Willingness to work non-Monday-Friday work week as needed
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement