Indirect Procurement Manager – LD&T
The purpose of this job is to Lead transport & warehouse categories across PepsiCo VN Snacks Operating Company, managing a total spend of $3MM by (1) Defining and executing Transport & Warehouse Management category strategy, contract management and supplier relationship management, (2) Measuring and Improving Performance, (3) and Achieving Annual Plans and Delivering minimum 6% productivity.
Significantly increase LD&T strategic sourcing coverage of category spend < 90%
APAC Lead for Sea & Air Freight Category $2MM Spend. Focal point for the Sector on Sea and Air ; spend circa $12MM, collecting all the data for the Global Bids, but also look to capture the spend outside of the bids.
To provide broader APAC ROA LD&T Support for all sourcing events.
Project myBuy LD&T focal point for APAC
• Partner with Sector Transport & Warehousing Lead to act as a focal point for all of AMENA sea and air freight bids and category management activities.
• Partner with senior Transport & Warehousing stakeholders and Global Centre of Excellence to deliver 6% yoy cost improvements from the VN CU spend, improve operating free cash flow (inventory), and flexibility to business needs.
• Significantly improve overall visibility of productivity pipeline and the way Procurement and LD&T impacts overall budget set up, suppliers selection and commercial negotiations
• Sell category strategy to business stakeholders; one focal point to represent VN Transport Category internally (peer level) and externally (suppliers)
• Ensure implementation of best-in-class sourcing tools, relevant to the category.
• Develop a sourcing strategy aligned with business needs, build preferred supplier base, competitive rate cards, contracts and enable leverage of PepsiCo scale and knowledge. Sourcing strategy to include insourcing vs outsourcing review for major spends within the category.
• Understand key cost drivers, industry trends and best practices (today and in the future) to shape the sourcing strategies
• Develop and maintain long term pricing mechanisms and 3rd party relationship strategies to drive sustainable competitive advantage
• Manage executive level, cross functional priorities & relationships to deliver sustainable year on year efficiencies
• Lead supplier performance and contract compliance – providing regular financial, service and quality forecasts to
Transport & Warehousing and relevant business leaders
• Work closely with all stakeholders (inc sector & region) and DC’s / warehouses to ensure deep understanding of functional needs and ensure maximum business value is generated by GP
• Lead the execution of required governance and process changes to ensure compliance to relevant policies.
• Enable effective execution of Global strategies and commercial agreements through influencing and working closely with key leads in regions / plants without direct reporting relations
• Enable effective wiring and alignment with COEs project teams ensuring global coordination and common objectives sharing
• Work closely with APAC MyBuy Content Lead to facilitate and coordinate LD&T implementation with ongoing support with process adoption and P2P compliance.
Excellent Functional knowledge (5 years+ in category management /procurement roles): depth in category management, processes and tools including previous experience in managing Fleet / logistics / warehousing in a complex environment, preferably within Food & Beverage industry.
• Sound knowledge of strategic sourcing processes and Move category related procurement best practices, with experience of implementing them in a global environment
• Sound knowledge of supply market fundamentals
• Preferred CIPSA or CPIM supply chain qualification highly desirable
• Degree qualified
• Proven influencing skills to positively impact complex negotiations
• Excellent balance of analytical & negotiation skills
• Contract writing / risk analysis / liabilities and indemnities / SLA’s / and general commercial terms
• Sound understanding of SAP and P2P Governance and Controls
• Mastery analytical skills
• Master Customer Management skills
• Mastery process improvement skills
• Mastery contract execution and management skills
Job Type: Regular