Maintenance/Engineer Associate Supervisor
We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. The ground breakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the Possibilities of PepsiCo.
Maintenance & Engineering Supervisor
The Maintenance & Engineering Supervisor contributes to the success of the Houston Plant by providing maintenance leadership for a plant operation. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety for an entire business unit on shift. This person will lead a team of frontline employees within the maintenance department (mechanics/technicians).
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure equipment reliability to maximize production line productivity
- Implement process enhancements to improve package and flavor changeover efficiency
- Utilize visual factory concepts to maximize asset utilization and plant performance
- Build maintenance technician capability
- Track standard manufacturing and warehouse metrics and prioritize plant maintenance opportunities
- Ensure proper utilization of Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Deploy strategies in reliability fundamentals that develop technician competencies
- Develop a team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership while driving business changes and minimizing people impact
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly personnel
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Administer policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance at the work site
- Prioritize work requests
- This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
- This role requires lifting up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- This role requires occasional work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
- This role may operate forklift and manufacturing equipment occasionally
- This role may require off-shift and weekend work
- This role may require some travel (less than 5%)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project.
- A minimum of 5 years of operations maintenance experience preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Mechanical experience maintaining equipment
- Understanding of PLC programing preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement