Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.The Purchasing/Financial Coordinator will:
Main Role Accountability:
Reporting to the manager of Global Operations, and supporting the Director, this role is responsible for financial management and operations of the Gatorade Sports Science group within Global Nutrition R+D.
Finance Administration involves file preparation, capital project file development, contractual business development and vendor/client relations, and day to day management of the Gatorade Sports Science Institute Labs billing, invoicing, and local and global budget details to support the Operations Manager and Director. This includes:
- Operational role includes the order of lab supplies, field research supplies, and operational materials via SAP PO creation for GSSI Operational Teams (Barrington, Bradenton, Frisco and Global Teams). Receive invoices, track project and program expenses, track SAP submissions, invoices and payments, and maintain local budget spreadsheets, tracking specific project expenses.
- Participate in higher level budget meetings, reporting every two weeks on budget tracking and key issues. Conduct forecast planning rolling any detail to Sr. Manager Operations and Director. Prepare executive summary reports on budget health monthly. Work with R&D finance partners regularly to assure seamless finance integration from detail to AOP.
- Receive payment requests for studies, create invoices, issue pay and invoice confirmations.
- Resolve queries with vendors, accounts payable, and other financial partners, including the reclass of expenses to appropriate payment classifications.
- Develop and maintain key finance planners to drive forecasts and planning throughout the year.
- Work with Global R&D Finance, Payment, Accounting, and Requisition services to resolve payment issues or outstanding invoices.
- Create and maintain vendor files and process requests for new vendors. Work professionally with clinical study participants, consultants, service providers, and athlete clients to support finance arrangements and vendor relations.
- At least two years of experience in an accounting, business, or finance related role or a BS with no prior experience:
- Must know how to create Purchase Orders,manage invoices and establish and maintain vendor relationships
- The incumbent in this position will be responsible for applying independent and directed management and business skills to help plan and execute efficient financial management.
- The incumbent must be organized, able to multitask and be flexible to work in a high performance and ever-changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work within SAP environment and Intermediate to Advanced Excel
- Experienced at budget development, management, and tracking of large multi-program datasets and operations is important.
- Should have a demonstrated record of positive attitude and team work, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Similarly, demonstrated business communication effectiveness and ability to influence and negotiate effectively.
- Computer skills required: MS Word, MS Excel (Intermediate), SAP Familiarity, MS Outlook Email, Basic Statistics in Excel or Other Programs.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement