Legal Director - Corporate Governance and Securities Law
PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP) is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo’s people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo’s promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com.
The Corporate Counsel role will be an integral member of the Corporate legal team who will advise with respect to a variety of corporate governance and other legal matters. Responsibilities will include assisting with PepsiCo’s corporate governance outreach program, preparation and review of PepsiCo’s proxy statement and other SEC filings, advising with respect to compensation and benefits matters, performing legal research and ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and best practices.
This individual will also be responsible for the following:
- Assist in building PepsiCo’s corporate governance outreach program, including developing outreach strategies, planning meetings, developing policies, performing research, and preparing stakeholder presentations and briefing papers
- Assist with preparation and review of sustainability reports and related communications
- Assisting with drafting proxy statement (including CD&A) and annual report
- Drafting minutes and corporate governance presentations
- Assisting with respect to preparation of materials for Board of Directors
- Assist with providing advice and counsel to compensation and benefits teams on various matters, including:
- Non-qualified plan issues with respect to company-sponsored long- and short-term incentive plans and non-qualified savings and deferred compensation plans.
- Executive compensation advice and guidance with regard to Internal Revenue Code issues (e.g., Sections 409A, 162(m), 79 and 280G).
- Drafting employment and benefits related agreements, including Long-Term Incentive Plan Award Agreements, Separation Agreements and Releases and applicable Retention and Consulting Agreements.
- Drafting plan amendments and maintaining legal compliance with regard to the company’s benefits plans and non-qualified deferred compensation and savings plans.
- Handle compensation and benefits-related issues with respect to Company mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and other transactions, including:
- Coordination of due diligence reviews
- Drafting language for transaction agreement and applicable employee matters agreement
- Negotiating deal terms and conditions with regard to compensation and benefits related issues
- Drafting and negotiating terms of employee Secondment Agreements in connection with PepsiCo joint ventures and other business ventures
- Assist with capital markets transactions and SEC disclosure matters
- Assist with preparation of periodic and current reports
GENERAL CORPORATE LAW
- Draft and review commercial contracts and consulting agreements
- Draft and review Non-Disclosure Agreements
- JD from a leading university, with active admission to New York Bar
- 4-8 years’ experience as a corporate attorney handling corporate governance, securities law and/or executive compensation and benefits matters at a top law firm or public company (with at least 2 years prior in-house experience strongly preferred)
- Additional experience as a research analyst or communications/public relations advisor extremely beneficial
- Creative, innovative team player with positive attitude who displays sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong research skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, as well as aptitude for creating effective messaging through graphic design
- Strong analytical skills
- Interest in financial markets and ability to quickly grasp financial concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively in presentations and express complex strategies in an organized and articulate manner
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines, including ability to work under pressure and muti-task
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior-level executives and business clients
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement