This position contributes to the success of a warehouse or manufacturing distribution location for PepsiCo. The Warehouse Manager coordinates the receiving, shipping, and material handling responsibilities in the warehouse by designing and developing product movement and storage systems, improving operations and supporting the front line staff. This individual is responsible for managing numerous shifts in either a union or non-union environment and developing a team of supervisors.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Accomplishes warehouse human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing warehouse operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping.
- Develops warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment.
- Develops and implements warehouse operations system improvements by Leads continuous improvement projects as assigned, analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Secures property by developing protection and access policies and procedures; coordinating patrols with security department.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Troubleshoots all receiving and shipping complaints to find the cause, help resolve the issue, and prevent reoccurrence.
- Accomplishes the warehouse operations and company mission by completing related tasks to fulfill the needs of the company and the customer as deemed by the Plant Director or Unit Manager.
- Manages warehouse resources, shipping supplies and other consumables, including minor facility maintenance.
Basic Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 5 years of Operations or Logistics experience
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Intermediate PC and database skills
- Strong knowledge of inventory management systems
- Ability to work flexible hours
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Forklift certification a plus
- Experience with Continuous Improvement (i.e. Lean Six Sigma Certification)
- Managing Processes, People Management, Supervision, Data Entry Skills, Data Entry Management, Data Processing, Dependability, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Deadline-Oriented
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement