Customer Development Manager
We are PepsiCo Sales. We are game changers, mountain movers and history makers. We are a diverse group, spread among 200 countries and united by a shared set of values and goals. That’s why we Perform with Purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and never settle for second best. At PepsiCo, we’re committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the World’s largest portfolio of billion dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the Possibilities of PepsiCo.
Frito Lay is PepsiCo’s snack manufacturing, sales and distribution operating unit. They have the world’s largest portfolio of billion dollar foods and are specifically responsible for the growth of some of America’s favorite snack foods, including FRITOS®, LAY’S®, DORITOS®, CHEETOS®, AND TOSTITOS®.
The Customer Development Manager (CDM) is accountable for a $150,000 business and is responsible for driving sales. CDMs must manage multiple tasks simultaneously. This role is responsible for growing the FLNA business in each account through sales, displays promotional product, etc. This role must drive sales in all accounts through strong customer relationships and business insight. The CDM must possess strong influence and leadership skills in order to work across multiple customers as well as other members of the Frito-Lay sales force to develop accounts and ensure execution. The CDM is responsible to meet a planned sales target each period. This role is accountable for maintaining space and business in each account but to grow the business. It is imperative that you have strong leadership skills, good communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment. The CDM must also be technologically savvy in order to maintain and build selling presentations, analyze business results, track developmental growth, etc.
- Managing & Developing Others – the chance to help others succeed
- Autonomy & Flexibility – be your “own boss”
- Chance to compete in the market and with peers
- Relationship building – lots of interaction with customers and employees
- Recognition & Reward
- The opportunity to work for a sustainable company with 19 billion dollar brands
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Clean driving record for the past 3 years
- Must pass a drug screen and background investigation
- Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and/or certification may also be required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends and holidays
- Degree preferably in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, or related major
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Highly motivated self starter
- Skilled at managing financial results
- Prior related experience, preferably in Food/Beverage, DSD/Retail, etc.
- Prior experience leading a team of people
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement