We are looking for an Automation Engineer for our Lay’s plant in Broek op Langedijk (near Alkmaar). The Automation Engineer has thorough knowledge of automation to support the productivity of the plant installations in Broek op Langedijk. They ensure the correct implementation of new installations as well as changes to existing installations.
Within this role you will:
- Maintain and optimize process control systems (Industrial IT).
- Failure analysis for automation and take appropriate actions to solve downtime.
- Solve complex malfunctions of the PLC / SCADA systems.
- Improve existing control systems after performing system analyses.
- Within Automation tasks, coordinate communication between Maintenance and Industrial IT partner as well as between Maintenance and Engineering and Suppliers.
- Support existing technicians and train technicians in basic automation to solve issues themselves.
- Maintain good contacts with BIS (Business Information Systems), CTS (Central Technical Services) within PepsiCo and with equipment specialists within the factory.
Within PepsiCo we are proud of our nr 1 brands, but also care a lot about your career possibilities and personal development. You'll work together with inspiring and creative colleagues and we offer you many development opportunities in order to make sure our employees will be successful! In yearly cycles your progress will be discussed with you. Based on these outcomes as well as your long-term goals, your personal development plan will be determined.
Next to this challenging role we also offer competitive compensation and a fantastic range of flexible benefits, including an excellent pension scheme, 29 free days, and other benefits like a gym discount. We work with a bonus scheme; your own results have influence on your bonus.
- HBO / BA working and thinking skills.
- Minimum 5 year working experience with control systems such as PLC / SCADA, DCS and/or MES systems.
- Knowledge of industrial networks (Ethernet, Profibus DP / SA, Asi).
- Detailed knowledge of Automation software (Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs, Archestra Wonderware, Rockwell FT Asset Center, GE Proficy) or willing to learn.
- Service minded and able to deal with deadlines.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Takes initiative and works well with others.
- Dutch and English language.
Job Type: Regulier