Associate Category Manager - Dollar General
Demand Xcelerator is a team that represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership, and Space Engineering resources to support Sales and Marketing plans for enterprise, national, and regional customers across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers. The Demand Xcelerator will help PepsiCo provide our customers cutting edge data and insights, as well as, personalized solutions to drive incremental growth for both our customers and PepsiCo.
This role will support the Dollar General Category Management Insights agenda across the PepsiCo portfolio. PepsiCo has a well-developed business within Dollar General and a strong track record of growth. This role is responsible for analyzing and translating consumer and category data into actionable strategies and tactics, and supporting creation of selling stories that are compelling and meaningful to drive profitable sales & market share gains. The person in this role will have opportunity to lead a variety of new and complex initiatives in order to drive future growth for PepsiCo.
- Efficiently mine data and work with cross functional internal partners to identify opportunities, issues and solutions for the Sales and Category Leadership team to implement at the customer
- Analytically strong and proficient in “connecting the dots” to bring insights to action
- Use multiple data sources to develop regular and ad hoc reports to include sales/share reporting, opportunity gap, SKU rationalization, plan-o-gram analysis, promotion analysis, item tracking, pricing studies, financial performance, sales and performance trackers.
- Build advisory relationship with Dollar General merchandising/ insights team
- Provides insights, analysis, and customer specific recommendations for Category Reviews
- Develop an Insights led growth agenda to expand snacks space and portfolio sales
- Conduct deep-dive shopper/business/competitive analytics, including demand based clustering
- Identify the most critical “problems-to-solve” proactively
- Develop assortment, shelving and product strategies, tactics and plans for DG’s 14,000+ stores
- Research and analyze data and other category-related information to identify trends, category performance, competitive threats, opportunities, etc. to support business decisions
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years Category Management/Sales strategy/Insights experience required
- 3+ years of experience in analyzing and interpreting data and team/project management experience required
- Must be proficient with PowerPoint and Excel, including VLOOKUPS, pivot tables and other critical formulas in Excel
- Working knowledge of syndicated data via IRI and/or Nielsen required
- Understanding of shopper insights and panel data preferred
- Experience working with Strategic Retailers
- Skilled presenting to Senior Executives, both internally and externally
- Must be capable of managing multiple projects at once and able to prioritize/adapt quickly
- Capacity to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of personal motivation, analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement