Manufacturing Technician - Coventry
PepsiCo have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Technician to join our busy Operations team based at our Walkers manufacturing site in Coventry.
This role is based at our Coventry Walkers manufacturing site. The Coventry Plant is our biggest snacks manufacturing site in the UK with the largest automated multi-pack area in the world. It’s also the home of our famous Doritos and SunBites brands, two of the nation’s favourite snacks!
At PepsiCo we pride ourselves on being a great place to work (and regularly win awards for it!). So, if you’d like to be a part of our team, to support us on the next stage of our journey, then please read on!
The Manufacturing Technician (MT) role directly influences the efficiency of the line through ability to identify issues early, to communicate well with other team members and to resolve day-to-day technical issues.
The activities undertaken by the MT are varied, and will span production, engineering, quality and hygiene. The MT has clear, measurable accountabilities, with certain routine and repeatable actions taken every day. They are responsible for the shift’s Key Performance Indictors (KPI) performance in their area, and will be expected to work with other team members in that area in order to ensure that standards are maintained. They will also understand activities upstream and downstream from their area and will take steps to influence actions taken in other parts of the plant in order to achieve the best overall result for the shift.
The MT’s activities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring that the machines in their area operate within the expected parameters.
- Identifying and resolving root causes of machine inefficiencies.
- Identifying trends in the faults being seen and taking appropriate action to resolve.
- Carrying out quality checks driving quality improvements and taking action in a timely way where product is out of specification.
- Carrying out planned maintenance in line with the preventative maintenance plan. This will include stripping, sanitising, lubricating, checking for wear, re-building and re-starting a machine.
- Fault diagnosis on mechanical equipment and to carry out detailed analysis of all faults to determine root causes.
- Production tasks may involve an element of directing activities of General Operators, e.g. relocating to other machines.
- Strong Technical Skills relating to machine fault finding and repair
- Strong Mechanical Maintenance capability/experience with a recognised qualification
- Undertake development programme to learn organisation specific technical and operational competencies and personal effectiveness.
- Can apply previous skills and experience to understand and develop skills in machine operation, fault finding and repair.
- Logical approach to problem solving and proven practical skills on plant equipment.
- Self directed with good planning and co-ordination skills.
- Able to communicate effectively and influence others.
- Desirable - previous factory / food manufacturing work experience.
This shift based role comes with a salary of £33,616 (including shift, handover and communication day allowances).
Working on a continental shift pattern; Rotating 12 hour days and nights. There are also other additional benefits including a staff shop, free on site parking, defined contribution pension scheme and automatic Life Assurance Cover as well as the option to participate in salary sacrifice schemes, including; cycle to work, buy/sell holidays, childcare vouchers, gymflex, health cash plan and car scheme.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Pipeline