Logistics and Distribution Supervisor
This position contributes to the success of the Mountain Top Gatorade Warehouse Team. The DC Manager coordinates the receiving, shipping, and material handling responsibilities in the warehouse by designing and developing product movement and storage systems, improving operations, and supporting the front line staff. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety for an entire business unit across all shifts. This individual is responsible for managing numerous shifts and developing a team of supervisors.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Maintain quality standards of finished product
- Achieves operational objectives (Safety, Quality, Productivity, Delivery, and Motivation) by contributing warehouse operations information and recommendations to strategic plans
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Financial accountability for DC operating budget of ~$9+MM.
- Operational accountability for over 40+MM cases throughput
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly and salaried personnel
- Develops team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Provide active and positive leadership in the effort to drive a cultural shift across the HFSC.
- Implement a sustainable process across all aspects of operations that will develop YOY results.
- Communicates and collaborates cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Maintain an effective performance management process reviewing all direct report's progress against mid-year and annual plans and continually develop their effectiveness as leaders and technical practitioners, as well as providing opportunity for career development.
- Develops processes for shipping/ receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, gate processes (check in/out), and shipping.
- Develops and implements warehouse operations system improvements by leading continuous improvement projects as assigned and by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Drive overall Supply Chain capabilities by managing plant wide implementation of TPM, NWT, Lean Six Sigma, and team development.
- Secure Operational leases with equipment, 3rd Party contractors, land and buildings.
- Continually evaluate Business Unit capabilities, skills and resource alignment to ensure performance against objectives. Lead realignment and work redesign efforts as necessary to provide executional excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project.
- A minimum of 5 years of operations/logistics or supply chain experience preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of inventory management systems
- Experience with continuous improvement (i.e. Lean Six Sigma certification, TPM, lean manufacturing, etc)
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring others
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement