Senior IT Manager, Artificial Intelligence (Innovation)
What you do in the PepsiCo IT Innovation team changes everything.
In the PepsiCo’s IT Innovation team, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, decision engineering using machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Developing innovative technology solutions takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, and deliver innovation. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunity available to come join our team.
PepsiCo’s global IT Innovation team is looking for an experienced technical manager with hands on experience in artificial intelligence/machine learning capabilities. In this role under the global IT Innovation team, you will incubate/manage a small team of engineers/analysts to apply AI/machine learning techniques to solve key business problems. Operational research skills would be an added advantage. This role will be responsible for incubating a small team of engineers/analysts to apply AI/machine learning techniques to solve key business problems. You will be managing and collaborating with developers skilled in optimization, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- Develop the strategy and roadmap for leveraging artificial intelligence platforms to solve PepsiCo’s business problems
- Evaluate new artificial intelligence platforms for various use cases
- Formulate complex optimization problems using algorithmic OR (Operational Research) modeling
- Work with ambiguous business problems to drive results using AI/Machine learning techniques
- Analyze large complex, cross-functional problems and present analytical storyboards
- Evaluate new technologies, techniques, vendor partners, and introduce best practices to solve decision engineering/optimization/prescriptive analytics problems
- Develop stewardship model for base decision engineering frameworks/methodologies
- Responsible for implementation of proof-of-concepts/proof-of-value using decision engineering/optimization framework
- Collaborate with business relationship managers (BRMs) to assess readiness for deployment of the solutions
- Partner with other analysts and domain SMEs and provide advisory support for ongoing initiatives
- Lead team of analysts and developers
- BA/ BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research (OR), Statistics degree; or in a related field.
- 12+ years industry experience (CPG industry experience is a plus),
- 8-10 years of data and analytics experience
- Experience with R, Python, Machine Learning frameworks & visualization solutions
- Working knowledge of various AI technologies to help evaluate the right technology platforms
- Advanced knowledge of optimization engines, solvers, algorithms, platforms and languages
- Experience in leading team of analysts developing statistical models in languages like R and Python, or tools such as SAS, SPSS, Hadoop, Spark and in cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure
- Experience in statistical model building, validation and deployment
- Advanced story-telling and written communication skills
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement