Senior IT Analyst - Machine learning
What you do in the PepsiCo IT Innovation team changes everything.
In the PepsiCo’s IT Innovation team, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, decision engineering using machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Developing innovative technology solutions takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, and deliver innovation. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunity available to come join our team.
PepsiCo’s IT Innovation team is looking for an experienced data analyst to support decision engineering/optimization initiatives. This role will be responsible for enabling decision engineering as a differentiator to business operations and other functions by implementing state-of-the art technologies and solutions. You will be collaborating with developers skilled in optimization, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- Design, develop and deploy data-driven decision optimization solutions to solve business problems using the latest and most appropriate technologies in Operations Research (OR), Machine Learning and Statistical Modelling
- 9-10 years of work experience in any industry. Experience in CPG industry is plus.
- 5-6 years of experience in the operations research, advanced analytics field
- Formulate Optimization problems and develop mathematical models using linear, non-linear and mixed integer programs
- Perform data analysis on large scale datasets (millions of rows)
- Perform large scale optimization and statistical analysis in areas of forecasting and supply chain management
- Communicate insights and formulate recommendations
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with the offshore team, should there be any offshore teams
- Collaborate with other analysts and developers
- Advanced degree (MS) in a quantitative field like Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent education
- 4-5 years of hands-on experience of working on Supply Chain Management problems such as Network Planning, Transportation, Inventory Optimization, Forecasting etc.
- Deep knowledge of statistical and machine learning algorithms such as regression, decision trees, neural networks, clustering, collaborative filtering, survival analysis, etc.
- Extensive experience using SQL, Bash scripting, analytic programming language like R/Python
- Experience working with optimizer solver tools like Gurobi, FICO or IBM CPLEX
- Experience working with data environments and tools such as Hadoop, Spark, will be preferred
- Knowledge and experience working with cloud computing solutions such as Azure and visualization tools like Tableau, Shiny, d3.js, etc.
- Self-starter with ability to solve ambiguous/open-ended business problems
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement