Shopper Marketing Associate Manager
PepsiCo is looking for an innovative Shopper Marketing Associate Manager who thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven environment to develop the strategy and elevate the level of marketing partnership, volume, sales and brand equity for the North American Beverage business at Walmart, Inc.
The Associate Manager will strategically evaluate business opportunities, develop deep consumer empathy to address consumer-based opportunities, and bring them to market to positively impact brand equity, sales and profitability. This role is customer facing and enables the incumbent to gain invaluable perspective on Wal-Mart's strategic and business priorities.
This role leads the work to drive PepsiCo growth by improving the shopper experience, engaging and converting the shopper through these key accountabilities:
- Translating insights and developing integrated programs, including media-to-shelf, portfolio and customer programs to engage and convert the shopper
- Developing and partnering with the sales team to sell-in shopper marketing programs that integrate equity and customer strategy to deliver best in class shopper programming
- Leading and managing all agency relationships including agency briefing, managing all aspects of program development and execution, and brand program budgets
- Collaborating with customer leads through the Joint Business Planning (JBP) process for the beverage portfolio to identify and to develop promotion, packaging and product offerings to enable Wal-Mart and PepsiCo growth
- Leading activation of North American beverage brands at Wal-Mart
- Translating brand strategy into winning shopper engagement strategies and plans
- Support Joint Business Planning – customer and sales team partnership, deck development, brand alignment
- Leading and inspiring the development and execution of new shopper engagement models and encouraging experimentation with future focuses engagement tools and techniques (across such platforms as digital, social, mobile)
- Proactively identifying synergies, developing and executing Power of One food and beverage (“Better Together”) marketing programs designed to drive coincidence demand of PepsiCo portfolio
- Proactively influencing brand investment strategy to drive demand for PepsiCo portfolio at Wal-Mart
- Using appropriate governance processes to ensure approval and alignment for all aspects of activation
- Undergraduate degree required, preferable BA with a concentration in Marketing
- Prior marketing experience within consumer packaged goods strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively collaborate, communicate and influence in a dynamic, matrix environment.
- Must demonstrate professional maturity – ability to manage up/down, strong interpersonal skills for interaction with internal/external senior leaders
- Prior experience leveraging consumer insights to develop effective marketing programs and campaigns
- A minimum of 2 years prior Marketing, Digital, or Agency experience
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement