eCommerce Marketing Director, ESSA
This role owns the way that PepsiCo products appear and are marketed across eCommerce in Europe & Sub-Saharan Africa, leading the marketing strategy and execution across all brands (e.g. Walkers, Pepsi, Tropicana, Doritos, Quaker, etc.) as well as all retail customers (e.g. Amazon, Ocado, Tesco etc.). Successful performance in the role is measured by a combination of sales growth, marketing performance and efficiency of marketing spend.
Location: London, Chancery Lane
Posting date: May, 28th 2018
Closing date: June, 25th 2018
Benefits: Competetive base salary + variable bonus + car allowance + pension scheme
- Drive significant growth to meet sales targets while maintaining/improving overall marketing performance and efficiency.
- Partner with eCommerce Directors and Account leads to prioritize and plan marketing activities across UK retailers and scale multi-market European customers.
- Manage day to day execution and measurement of eCommerce marketing activities.
- Provide both thought leadership and technical expertise to improve eCommerce reach and marketing efficiency, including running a steady stream of tests and experiments.
- Find ways to leverage marketing tactics to both increase the number of online Food and Beverage buyers as well as to increase purchasing for existing buyers.
- Owns the look and feel of the way that PepsiCo products appear on all eCommerce sites, and is continuously looking for ways to improve product discovery and conversion.
- Help identify new opportunity areas and potentially launch new eCommerce brands & strategies to drive growth.
- Own traffic strategy, planning & delivery for our new D2C brand Drinkfinity, partnering with Future Brands eCommerce team to meet ESSA wide growth ambitions in UK, FR, NL, ES, DE, PL, NO.
- Communicate the overall marketing strategy with eCommerce, category & brand leaders, ensuring that key stakeholders are up to date on ongoing activities and results, generating bespoke channel content and activation plans.
- Drive best practices in eCommerce marketing to wider eCommerce team across ESSA & key stakeholders in sales/marketing teams.
- Serves as critical member of the ESSA eCommerce leadership team to define and drive the critical culture and talent mindset required to complete and win in this space
- Serve as critical thought partner to elevate the strategy and identify new opportunities within and beyond the defined innovation opportunities
- Continually monitor, evaluate & recommend new innovations and opportunities – keeping all relevant parties up to date with latest developments
- Manage a cross-functional team of marketing managers, designers, copywriter & analyst – motivating and developing, whilst delivering business needs.
Key Skills/Experience Required
- 8-10+ years of experience in eCommerce/Digital marketing roles
- Manager of cross-discipline team
- In-depth experience with online marketing channels (paid search, programmatic, re-targeting, email), search analytics, web analytics
- Expertise in critical methodologies and metrics for improving marketing performance to drive overall thought leadership in this space
- Track record of evangelizing and driving the best in class online marketing practices
- Embodies entrepreneurial mindset and key values of having a bias for action, results-oriented, community-focused, and prioritization of people.
- Prior experience in retail business or CPG preferred
- Ability to effectively simplify and communicate complex techniques or practices into a format that is easily understood by key decision makers and provide leadership to help cultivate this capability
- Ability and passion to drive organization-wide education regarding unique practices and methodology to improve online/digital marketing.
- Highly analytical, motivated, decisive thought leader with excellent managerial skills.
- Strong ability to influence and work through others to effectively navigate matrixed organization while ensuring that necessary stakeholders are informed
- Ability to manage / drive agenda and thinking with functional reports in a matrixed and virtual environment
- Able to influence leaders within and beyond eCommerce in a virtual environment
- High level of intellectual curiosity and interest in technology trends and advancements
- High character and integrity, and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs;
- Strong written & verbal communication skills confirming an ability to educate and influence management and senior leaders to act in a desired manner..
- Genuine, in possession of humility, honesty and integrity
Job Type: Regular