Inbound Logistics Account Manager
Main Purpose: The purpose of this role is to provide account management and operations support for internal customers. The nature of the work is proactive and must be able to alert key stakeholders on potential service gaps. Such services include load optimization, carrier assignment/tendering, capacity planning, proactive issue resolution, load coverage, and customer collaboration on all logistics matters.
Scope: Effectively build, prioritize and manage shipments in a manner that holds carriers accountable to key SOPS and EDI processes. Provide issue resolution and communication to both external shippers/customers and internal Pepsico locations.
- Carrier compliance to include track & trace check calls
- Ensure route guide compliance by holding carriers accountable to haul their allotted award
- Proactive shipment tracking and customer alerts for known anticipated service gaps
- Timely issue resolution
- Participate in on-call, after hours as determined based on business needs
- Flexible work schedule to include weekend coverage if needed
- Ability to manage loads via a TMS software solution
- Deliver 95% OTD as measured to the delivery appointment
- Select optimal mode of transportation to deliver the right service solution at the lowest landed cost
Key Skills / Experiences:
- Ability to effectively communicate with OTR drivers and dispatchers in a constructive manner.
- Strong passion for customer service and logistics excellence
- Ability to learn and update transportation management system
- Ability to effectively interact and build a favorable business relationship with all carriers and customers
- Load coverage and account management duties
- Ability to operate and flourish in a fast paced environment
- Strong team player and committed to teamwork in all situations
- Willingness to embrace change and all other assigned duties for the greater good of the team.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement