LD & T Associate Supervisor
This person contributes to the success of PBC Company by supervising a team of transport drivers to deliver product to Company's distribution centers in a safe, efficient and productive manner.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide local interface and direction for dedicated carrier on issues and improvement projects.
- Assume ownership for financial forecasts and analysis related to the transportation cost center.
- Provide support to Market Unit facilities on transportation matters including, but not limited to: Identification and achievement of assigned productivity/cost improvement targets; resource requirements planning; wait time reduction.
- Assist in the development and implementation of inbound transportation programs that provide for continuous improvement.
- Develop effective relationships with internal customers (i.e. sales, logistics, plant, satellite warehouses etc.)
- Provide location assistance for proper utilization of transportation tools such as rate and route guides.
- Resolve outstanding freight bills.
- Maintain equipment appearance and safety standards: instruct and train all company assigned to transport department in proper safety procedures and regulations; direct employees in identifying and correcting any unsafe conditions; eliminate avoidable accidents and improve department's performance.
Education and Certifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of related field and/or a Bachelors degree
- Class A, CDL certified
- Knowledge of DOT (Department Of Transportation) regulations
- Transportation experience dealing with legal, regulatory and operational issues, including customer service, logistics and carrier operations
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing front-line employees
Skills & Capabilities:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
- Strong communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and influence management skills
- Incumbent should have a strong customer focus and be results driven.
- Incumbent must be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks without losing momentum while also completing all daily tasks efficiently and effectively
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement