R&D Senior Manager (Global Ingredients)
Role: R&D Senior Manager - Global Ingredients
Salary: circa £65,000 - £75,000 (depending on experience) plus bonus, car allowance, other benefits
We are looking for an experienced R&D Ingredients Manager to create and lead a new strategic capability for R&D to support our snacks category breakthrough agenda. The team will create novel science and technology insights generated from a greater level of understanding our current and new ingredients.
The group will need to build new internal capabilities within foods R&D to understand these materials in depth and their functionality and how they: impact on, and create opportunities for a novel consumer experience; unlock new intellectual property opportunities and sustainable growth for PepsiCo in both core and (especially) non-core areas. So plenty to keep you interested!
- Establish, lead and integrate breakthrough platform initiatives resuling in advantaged raw materials through the development of specialist ingredient knowledge (current and new materials) which results in new ingredient & raw material streams to unlock proprietary, sustainable and profitable processes, tools and products and transform and perform across the global snacks portfolio.
- Collaborate with Functional, Strategy and Platforms and External Innovation partners to rapidly discern, advance and combine inputs to create differentiated, proprietary ideas.
- Partner with Product Discovery and Development teams to build product innovations that are aligned to the Category strategic priorities that are unlocked through new ingredients functionalities and crops.
- Partner with Process Discovery and Development to unlock novel process technologies through new material understanding and transformations.
- Identify and build strategic partnerships with external cutting-edge ingredient science and technology leaders and synthesize learnings into transformative, advantaged idea streams for PepsiCo Snacks R&D.
- Define for Global R&D snacks the new ingredient capabilities that will enable a shift to breakthrough, transformative product platforms, product forms and consumer experiences.
- Partner with the Measurement Science group to ensure that suitable capacity and capability is in place, new ingredient and bio-polymer analytical and characterization methods are in place (internally and externally) globally.
Key Skills Required
- Minimum Bachelors degree but ideally PhD or MS in a suitable science-based discipline (Chemistry, Biology, Soft Physics, Material Science)
- Significant experience in one and preferably more than one of the following industries: Food & Beverage, Food Ingredients, Fragrance / Flavors, Consumer Products, Agribusiness.
- Proven experience in the development and application of Ingredient science across a range of food / consumer product applications.
- Excellent leadership, communication, talent management and interpersonal skills to build global organization and industry credibility.
- Excellent understanding of broader business drivers with ability to demonstrate business acumen and experience partnering with senior business leaders across key functional areas both inside and outside of R&D organization
- Results oriented people leader with proven ability to drive organization towards achievement.
- Highly integrated leader with ability to influence strategic direction of the organization, align business partners and senior leaders, while inspiring change throughout the business teams.
- Excellent leadership, communication, talent management and interpersonal skills to build organization and industry credibility.
Job Type: Regular