Route Sales Representative - Calgary
PEPSICO FOODS CANADA
PepsiCo Canada employs nearly 10,000 Canadians and is organized into two business units - PepsiCo Beverages Canada, which includes brands such as Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana; and PepsiCo Foods Canada, which includes Frito Lay Canada and Quaker foods & snacks. PepsiCo Canada, in turn, belongs to the global PepsiCo, Inc., family.
At PepsiCo Canada, we're committed to achieving business and financial success while leaving a positive imprint on society - delivering what we call Performance with Purpose. Performance with Purpose is at the heart of every aspect of our business.
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
PepsiCo is an Employer of Choice:
* Opportunity to work for a Tier 1 global organization company with Billion Dollar Brands
* One of Canada's Top 100 Employers
* We take people development seriously offering career growth opportunities through robust full cycle career planning, talent development programs, challenging and rewarding assignments nationally and internationally
* Work within a fast paced ever evolving business, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds, experiences and needs
* Participation in our competitive Total Rewards Program
Route Sales Representative
If you're looking for a challenging position with one of the world's leading snack food companies, here's your chance to join our team as a Route Sales Representative.
You would be working 40+ hours per week. Must be available 7 days per week as schedule may vary.
You will develop and sustain a growing snack foods business and leverage your current skills by selling, delivering and marketing our products to your assigned group of retail customers.
Your responsibilities would include:
Selling and Developing the Business
- Identifying changing customer needs through a constant review of the highest selling products and frequent communication with store managers.
- Developing all assigned accounts relative to sales volume, market share, product distribution, space allocation and customer service objectives.
- Selling and executing national and local promotions, soliciting placement of incremental marketing equipment, displays, racks and selling sufficient product inventory for customer volume demands.
Delivery and Merchandising
- Managing inventory according to PepsiCo Foods Canada best practices to ensure balanced accounts and fresh products for customers and consumers.
- Executing hands on activities with excellence, including but not limited to managing product placement on shelves, increasing shelf facings and racks, handling carton returns, managing inventory movement and cleaning shelving and racks.
- Operating a Route Sales Truck including loading and unloading of product
- People person with excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic - able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous sales experience with a consumer packaged goods or retail organization preferred
- Valid driver’s license and a flawless driving record
- Outstanding organizational skills (as demonstrated by your ability to handle multiple priorities, problem solve, and meet deadlines or targets)
High School diploma required, University/College education is an asset
- Ability to travel on occasion for 1 week at a time (to cover rural routes)
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
PepsiCo Canada’s Recruitment process includes robust phone and face to face interviews with all candidates. No legitimate offer of employment from PepsiCo Canada would ever require a candidate to pay for any pre-employment service or training. If you suspect you may have been contacted by someone falsely claiming to be PepsiCo Canada please contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Temporary