Senior Manager - R&D - Snacks Seasoning
Research and Development
Auto req ID: 144627BR
Job Type: Regular
Objective is to deliver unrivalled Flavors Experience for snacks portfolio for IMENA region in line with global flavor strategy and lead challenging renovation programme.
- Lead seasoning/flavor development from idea inception through finished product commercialization for Egypt, Saudi, India and Bangladesh franchise across all snacks brands.
- Develop flavor strategies including optimum sourcing routes for all Egypt, Saudi & India snacks incorporating flavor trends and flavor mapping.
- Lead global projects for which Egypt, Saudi or India are the lead market developing global strategy and ensuring global compatibility
- Set the agenda for seasoning programmes. Collaborate with Insights and Marketing to define flavor strategy for each brand, each demand space, the business-problem-to-solve, and the consumer-problem-to-solve.
- Lead the renovation strategy for seasonings across IMENA to meet both internal PWP guardrails and external commitments
- Explore with global flavour function new/existing methods for flavor delivery to create optimal flavor experience
- Take accountability of identifying technical solutions for IMENA calendar activities. Proactively challenging the suitability and performance of product designs in order to maintain a competitive advantage in terms of product acceptance, unique product design, cost of goods etc.
- Partner with both internal and external seasoning/flavor developers to leverage their expertise and yours to execute development to optimize performance against flavor briefs.
- Collaborate with internal/external sensory partners to evaluate consumer response to developed seasonings/flavors. In conjunction with the global flavor function, leverage internal/external analytical & sensory partners to qualify/quantify taste & volatile profiles, and to define seasoning material properties
- Lead a team of 2 to 3 reports. Indirect staff via project manager line management
- Leverage expertise inside and outside the organisation to deliver product and process development.
- First Degree or equivalent in a Science or Engineering related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years previous project management experience in FMCG R&D, covering product & process development ideally within flavour development.
- English is a must (upper-intermediate)
- Understanding of manufacturing relating to PepsiCo products and processes
- Strong analytical skills to interpret complex data and distil into meaningful information e.g. interpreting consumer insights, experimental design and statistical inference
- Strong project management skills to effectively drive a complex project
- Strong presentation skills (written & verbal)
- Capable to frequently taste/sample products, discern product design/flavor attributes, and provide qualitative feedback to functional peers, cross functional partners, and suppliers.
- Seasoning development capability is desirable to drive technical competencies within IMENA and across the flavour function.
- Deputise as required for R&D Directors to represent R&D interest at key forums (e.g. Foods Innovation Council, operations reviews).
- Passion for creativity and innovation within a commercially driven environment
- Strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement of products and processes and demonstrates a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a broader global team.
- Demonstrated competency to effectively influence individuals/teams/organization using solid communication and collaboration skills.
Job Type: Regular