Category Manager - Kroger
The Category Manager partners with PepsiCo and Kroger teams to lead Customer Insights, develop Joint Business Plans and contribute to the creation of profitable category growth initiatives to deliver growth objectives. The position plays the critical lead role in the development of on-going granular Category Sales Decomposition, driving “insights to action” in the following areas:
- Leads customer specific plans and reporting which includes analysis and interpretation of insights and data (in partnership with Frito Lay Customer Sales/Mktg Teams and directly with Customer)
- Works in close partnership with Kroger Category Managers to provide key business analysis and strategic recommendations to drive business results.
- Responsible for independently providing space analytics, shelving and planogram recommendations for assigned categories.
- Leads assessment of competitive threats and vulnerabilities through syndicated data resources
- Develops post-promotion and testing analyses quantifying impact to customer, category & foods businesses
- Present strategic insights to retail customers to support selling initiatives, and gain alignment of major initiatives at multiple levels of the organization
- Supports ad-hoc business requests as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA a plus
- 5-7 Years of category management experience, CPG industry experience preferred
- 3-5 years experience in analyzing and interpreting data and team/project management experience
- Strong personal motivation and ability to effectively work independently as well as collaboratively across multiple functions is necessary.
- Strong leadership skills: ability to influence activities of customer and individual team members towards goals & ability to lead and contribute in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong teamwork skills: Teamwork is essential in this role, as this person will work very closely with other Category Managers, customer and internal cross functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to link strategies and objectives to develop a plan.
- Strong planning/organizing skills: capable of managing major projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills: Must be comfortable creating messaging and presenting ideas and concepts to groups of varying seniority and levels within an organization.
- Strong knowledge of syndicated data via IRI/Nielsen
- Strong proficiency in space planning tools, i.e. JDA/Spaceman/Apollo
- Understanding of consumer data via 84.51, Panel, Shopper Sites etc.
- Strong proficiency Excel & PowerPoint
- Able to establish and attain high standards for self and team; able to make decisions and solve problems
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement