eCommerce Supply Chain Capabilities Accelerator Specialist
Across PepsiCo, we continue to build new capabilities that will be critical to achieving long-term, sustainable growth. The operating environment in which we do business is undergoing immense change, and it’s imperative that we transform in ways that enable us to meet the future needs of our customers and consumers. Digital technology is one such force of change and the way we interact with retailers, shoppers and consumers is evolving at a dramatic pace. The impact of Digital / eCommerce has fundamentally evolved and in some cases transformed almost every consumer segment with groceries / consumables being the next space that external experts and large players (e.g., Amazon, Walmart) are betting on. As a result, e-commerce is one of the fastest-growing areas within the consumer products industry and represents a significant opportunity to accelerate growth for PepsiCo going forward.
To ensure we win in this space we have established a dedicated global eCommerce group, bringing together world class talent across Food & Beverage, digital, and retail. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group has a unique start-up feel and defined values that embrace a more entrepreneurial mindset: bias for action; results oriented; community-focused; prioritization of people.
The mission of the eComm Supply Chain Capabilities Accelerator (CA) is to build next-gen capabilities across the PepsiCo end-to-end Supply Chain with a primary focus on three main functions: Manufacturing, Fulfillment & Transportation, and In-store Operations.
The role of eComm Supply Chain CA Specialist is a critical one for the team. By working with the managers & leads across all function of the CA, Specialists are expected to bring a creative and analytical skill set to driving the agenda of the CA. Specialists will work flexibly across the different CA functions – supporting large core projects as well as driving individual “special projects” independently.
If you are passionate about using emerging technologies in Supply Chain and Operations and have delivered cutting edge solutions in Supply Chain, this is a fantastic opportunity in a fast paced environment.
- Provide effective and high-impact analytical and communication/visualization support across multiple “core projects” of the CA (including retrofitting of PepsiCo MFG lines to include eComm packaging; exploring last mile opportunities; evolving backroom fulfillment solutions at retail partners).
- Lead “special projects” independently (including cost-benefit analysis of fulfillment center automation; assessing landscape of “smart-shelf” technologies; sizing opportunity of “white label” manufacturing opportunity for PepsiCo).
- Research, summarize, and disseminate key findings and implications of cutting edge technologies and start-ups that are shaping the future of supply chain operations with the goal of delivering actionable insights to CA leadership
- Conduct granular strategic planning and execution of test-and-learn initiatives at key retail partners – identify key unlocks, solve for roadblocks, measure results
- Build & manage relationships with junior / mid-level employees on both i) SC teams at key retail partners (that the CA will often be partnering with) and ii) SC teams within broader PepsiCo
- 3-4 years of experience, including 1-4 years of supply chain experience
- Experience in following areas/fields is preferred but not required: automated operations, technology, machine learning, investment banking, consulting (with experience on projects covering F&B, retail, supply chain)
- Scope and plan the underlying analyses that will yield critical answers to key questions for setting and achieving the agenda of the CA
- Understand the required data set to complete the analysis and procure it accordingly
- Analyze data and translate findings into meaningful insights, integrating relevant business knowledge as well as learning from other projects/sources
- Deliver timely, zero-defect execution of analysis, with minimal support
- Leverage Excel and other quantitative tools for the analytical heavy lifting
- Able to work collaboratively with broader eComm team in NYC and Supply Chain teams across PEPSICO and at retail partners
- Communicate the implications of analysis to CA leads clearly
- Leverage PowerPoint to create an impactful, concise, and defect free slide loop
- Ability to write clear and concise business cases and summaries of research analyses
- Comfort in ambiguity as demonstrated by being able to adapt in less-structured environment
- Highly analytical, motivated, decisive thought leader
- Excellent organization, presentation, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong ability to influence and work through others to effectively navigate matrixed organization while ensuring that necessary stakeholders are informed
- High character and integrity, is consistent and acts in line with a clear and visible set of values and beliefs
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement