Maintenance/Engineer Sr Resource
The Process Improvement Engineer (PIE) is responsible for maintaining & improving true efficiency (TE), running efficiency (RE), production system capabilities, and operational stability. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety. The PIE develops mastery of the processes they are assigned to and uses that mastery to deliver improved TE, quality, and yield.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Oversee the Centerline System management, including its development, maintenance & change management
- Responsible for loss analysis & TE improvement plan development, plan execution leadership, and results tracking
- Facilitate Lean Six Sigma (LSS) project management throughout the plant
- Responsible for rapid changeover activities including principles, target setting, and leading successful efforts reducing changeover time to achieve challenging objectives.
- Oversee analytical troubleshooting & problem solving
- Develop annual operating plan, yield, cullage, and fixed budgets. Coach and train others on these as well.
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership - driving business changes while minimizing people impact
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Understand the fundamental tools & methodologies of the following TPM pillars – FI, AM, PM, EM
- Understand the CQV process – Commissioning, Qualification, Verification process
- Provide weekly, period, and ‘Year to Date’ reliability and variability downtime analysis support to the operation.
- Apply reliability expertise to stabilize and improve the operation, driving variation down and seeking improved TE through capital, procedural, and operational improvements in both planned and unplanned downtime areas.
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills through leading meetings, facilitating meetings and preparing written plant communications.
- Assist in plant initiatives and direct line supervision as needed.
- Administer policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance at the work site
- This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
- This role requires lifting up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- This role requires occasional work in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
- This role may operate forklift and manufacturing equipment occasionally
- This role may require off-shift and weekend work
- This role may require some travel (less than 5%)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project.
- 2 + years of manufacturing experience in a consumer products manufacturing operation preferred
- Must be self-motivated, results and action oriented.
- Ability to make independent and sound decisions.
- Ability to conduct assessments and audits and evaluate to measure progress.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of Business Finance principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership with the ability to get results through mentoring others
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement