Gerente Asociado de Planificación
Descripción del Trabajo
Main Purpose – what is the main objective/purpose of the role? (Max 2-3 lines summarizing the role)
The FP&A Associate Manager will be spear-heading the Company’s financial forecasting, annual budgeting process, operating plan variances analysis and special projects. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to Senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the Finance Team to provide insights and support optimal business decision making.
Accountabilities – list in priority order the main accountabilities/deliverables of the role, including key measures. These should be clearly the responsibilities of the
- Support and participate in the FOBO and JV strategic business planning process to compliance LAB Business targets for Venezuela.
- Participate in FOBO and JV forecasting process to alert about risks and opportunities in AOP.
- Works closely with Divisional Managers and Franchise Director to improve forecast reliability.
- Develop models to support company initiatives and/or financial decisions in order to identify opportunities and pinpoint potential weak areas.
- Generate and provide accurate and timely monthly financial information to MU Franchise Director, Directors and Managers.
- Analyze quarterly and monthly FOBO and JV financial statements including comparison of actual results to budget/forecast and analysis of key financial metrics and trends.
- Verify FOBO and JV forecast accuracy by comparing forecast results to actual financial performance.
- Consolidate input for Annual operating budget.
- Analyze FOBO and JV summary data and highlight variances from prior periods for management review.
- Manage analyst resources to ensure timely and accurate deliverables to senior management
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability that will provide senior leadership with appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance of the Company.
- Routinely communicate business unit and company financial and operational FOBO and JV performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics.
- Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications.
- Coordinate the capital spending review process for FOBO.
- Influence the accuracy and effectiveness of the accounting consolidation and closing FOBO process through analytical review and trend analysis.
- Develop and execute processes to allow for routine analytical reviews of FOBO and JV financial and operational performance, leveraging Company analytical resources and tools
- Lead the strategic aspects of the annual operating plan and budget process for the company
- Prepare presentations in support of board and shareholder meetings, monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings and various strategic committees of the company.
- Coordinate FOBO capital review meetings, pre-review vetting process and all aspects of formal capital appropriation request (CAR) documentation.
- Model potential changes to capital structure, acquisition and divestiture planning, shareholder returns.
- Monitor competitive dynamics of the sectors (liaise with sector associates).
- Partner with controlling, treasury, tax and any other division as appropriate.
Job Dimensions – what is the scope of the role – volume, net revenue, budget, geography, number of customers, number of sites etc for THIS role?
- Volume 42 MM 8oz cases, -20% vs 2016
- Units 47 MM, -24% vs. 2016
- OCF one month of sales average last Q at year end. Ensure Fcst. Accuracy
- +1,5pp SOM vs. KO at year end, on public information basis/ Nielsen report
Business Complexity: FOBO, JV control & Equity Pick-up reporting, FX exposure, Concentrate Plant legal entity accounting stewardship.
Key Skills/Experience Required – specific education/certification, specific functional experience, language etc NEEDED for the job. Please note that this is not necessarily the incumbent’s personal background.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the field.
- Prior experience managing a team of professionals
- Strong background and understanding of accounting concepts; CPA preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills; capable of presenting complex financial information in an easy-to-understand format.
- Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures of financial planning & analysis.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Must organize/prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and projects and function effectively as a small-team member
- Being able to comprehend multifaceted fiscal models
- Financial analysis and reasoning
- Assessing risks, investments and budgets
- Presenting information and ideas
- Collaborating with other professionals
- Managing people and responsibilities
- Thinking strategically and systematically
- Project management
- Stress management
Main interactions within & outside organization / External & Internal Environmental Factors – Key job roles both internally and externally that the job-holder interacts with on a daily, weekly, monthly basis. What is the nature of the interaction? What are the complexities of the environment in which this position exists?
Internal key roles:
- Lab Central FP&A and Finance Managers. The FP&A Manager will keep a strong interaction and communication with those positions to ensure integrity of financial and planning processes.
- Concentrate Plant Finance Team: Accountant & Finance Manager in order to keep a close awareness of Concentrate plant transactions and such impact of financial statements.
- LAB Central and Deerfield Finance Team to ensure an optimal Forecasting and planning processes and Reporting.
- All Functional areas: In order to ensure an optimal planning and forecasting processes and to ensure complete analysis of all the factors involved in a project. Also be aware of any transaction that affects the business that could be dismissed.
External key roles:
- Local Bottler Accounting Team: Assistant Controller & Corporate accountants in order to prepare the EPU JV calculation and marketing settlements in a timely basis.
- External auditors and consultants: In an annual basis due to statutory local JV audit process and DTA calculation.
Comments – key challenges/unique aspects of the position, for example, what is the most difficult challenge for the role over the next 12 months?
- Cope with the changing scenarios to impacts such as hyperinflation, devaluation, changing laws, and social-political situation
- Stress Management
Job Type: Indefinido