Sr Quality Manager
Bradenton SC Quality with responsibility for food safety & quality systems implementation and adherence; driving continuous improvement; organization capability, delivering innovation; supporting productivity and enhancing operational process capability.
- Monitor, report and provide technical support across Food Safety and Quality platforms
- Food Safety Plans
- Product / Plant Quality Plans including AIB Prep and Action Items
- Package / Juice Quality
- Consumer Quality
- Coach and train plant personnel to develop leadership, technical competence and effectively utilize system tools.
- Support the development of the Quality & Food Safety strategy
- Interface for Customer Service for in market quality issues.
- Responsible for food safety & quality systems implementation and adherence and continuous improvement for the Bradenton site. Includes ensuring adherance to Florida Department of Citrus and USDA system compliance and adherence to HACCP and FSMA regulations.
- Build organizational capability to deliver food safety and quality systems that enable successful innovation on-time at competitive floor costs and within capital budget
- Ensure effective food safety & quality system adherence to help operations to meet Product Availability goals
- Ensure Quality from supplier to shelf through robust monitoring and processes as measured by third party audits which include regulatory, AIBI, Non-GMO, Product Security and GFSI Certifications
- Partner and collaborate with R&D, fruit procurement, chilled engineering and operations to ensure chilled quality improvement as measured by PQM, Trade Data and consumer complaints.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field, Preferred Food Science, quality engineering, chemical engineering or science related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years of leadership experience in a food processing with quality and/or food safety related responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment. Internal operations/technical experience within PepsiCo preferred. Fluent in English.
Technical Skills Required:
- Computer literate in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong Analytical Capability
- Understands statistics and can coach statistical principles
- Microbiology and sanitation background
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Understands GMP requirements
- Deep technical knowledge of the beverage industry process
- Towering strength and ability to use numbers and metrics, not opinions, to dive fact based changes
Leadership Skills Required:
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Manage annual Travel & Expense budget
- Strong Influence Skills
- Leadership skills and ability to work well with other strong personalities
- Manage diverse employees
- Facilitate inclusion
- Highly motivated and self – directed
- Political savvy to drive change at all levels of the organization
Technical Skills and Certifications as Strong Assets:
- Certified Quality Engineer
- Certified as Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Certified Quality Auditor or Quality Manager.
- Juice HACCP certified
- PCQI Certified
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement