We are now recruiting an Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist to join our team in Little Island on a permanent basis.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The Technical Function is our team of enabling experts offering knowledge and partnership to functions on specialist subjects including engineering, quality Health & safety and productivity. They ensure operations and food safety excellence for our team. Could you bring a new dimension to our technical expertise? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
Reporting into the EHS Sr Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting & managing a wide range of EHS related tasks and objectives across the Little Island and Food Flavours Plant sites in Cork. This role will also be the principle contact and lead for managing HSE related training activities.
- Capture data and track monthly performance of Environmental Compliance, Sustainability and H&S KPI’s.
- Follow up on Near Miss / Good Catch tracking and action plans, close out with all functions.
- Carry out Accident and Incident Investigation and follow up on corrective actions.
- Co –ordinate Risk Assessments and maintain a Risk register for the Little Island site.
- Partner with key stakeholders, provide subject matter expertise (EH&S) across the functions.
- Support the maintenance of PepsiCo GEHSMS, OHSAS 18001 and ISO14001 management systems.
- Manage Occupational Hygiene, Health Monitoring Programmes.
- Facilitate external audits, follow up actions through to completion including sharing results, key learnings etc.
- Conduct internal audits for PepsiCo GEHSMS compliance.
- Support / co-ordinate Process Safety (MESS, ATEX, CE) reviews.
- Influence and drive HSE culture development across all functions on site.
- Design of a robust training system that will drive operational excellence thereby meeting all legislative and audit requirements.
- Co-ordination (and hosting where applicable) of Operations and HSE training, competency assessments and environmental management training.
- Develop annual training needs analysis related to PepsiCo GEHEMS standards.
- Ensure all training and associated records comply with legal, regulatory and best practice requirements.
- Research and recommend ongoing improvements to training methods.
- Lead and/or contribute to EH&S projects where applicable.
- A requirement of the role is that all PepsiCo Health & Safety requirements are adhered to.
- Providing cover for evening shift may be required.
- A third level qualification in Health and Safety, Process Safety or a related discipline
- Demonstrated proven ability working as a EH&S professional, within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively interact with and influence employees throughout the organization.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- PC literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Must be a team player with proven interpersonal skills.
- High energy, strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to lead by example.
- Results orientated and commitment to achieving objectives.
- Ability to lead and develop individuals and team.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple priority initiatives/projects simultaneously.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role an EHS Specialist. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be an HSE Associate Representative.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular