The position provides leadership and technical support of food manufacturing in the areas of quality compliance, AIB, F22K , FSMA, new product support and special projects. Develop and build capability at the site to drive Food Safety initiatives across the business units as they impact quality compliance and consumer satisfaction within corporate, federal and local regulatory agency requirements. The Sanitation Resource (Supervisor) will be responsible for leadership hourly team members to ensure successful execution of Quality and Sanitation tasks to support overall plant goals.
- Assure compliance to the foundational Corporate Sanitation Requirements in the Business Units through auditing, training, development and follow-up of Operations, warehouse, Quality and Sanitation employees.
- Provide leadership, training and coaching to the Sanitation Technician team as well as the site with regard to proper usage of Sanitation SOP.
- Ensure sanitation equipment and materials are properly maintained, usage recorded and in stock on a regular basis.
- Manage daily quality and food safety operations for assigned business units with emphasis risk assessment and compliance KPIs
- Manage allergen and cross contamination risks through managing changeover policies, environmental testing and pre-operation inspection requirements.
- Lead and support root cause problem solving tools for investigating food safety and quality compliance issues.
- Build capability to support initiatives for all areas of the Food Safety, Quality and Sanitation by ensuring that long range and tactical plans are executed.
- Influence skills with peers and higher level managers to achieve results in the face of competing resource demands.
- Capable of proactively identifying critical items to achieve desired results that builds effective sanitation systems and improves business performance results.
- Capable of aligning with leadership on securing financial or people resources to successfully execute specific project goals.
- Ability to clearly articulate strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to Food Safety requirements for food manufacturing in the dry goods environment.
- Build a network within the Plant and outside the Plant to ensure that the Bridgeview plant achieves positive quality and food safety results.
- Demonstrate ability to link findings and potential problems with strategies, objectives and consumer insight to enable the development of comprehensive quality management plan.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt interpersonal style to different situations.
- Capable of blending needs of various departments with production schedule demands to ensure that sanitation standards are not sacrificed.
- Ability to establish and manage multiple key date schedules.
- Able to prioritize multiple demands to effectively direct the Business Units for quality in both daily and long term objectives.
- Is able to establish high standards for self, and works diligently to attain those standards.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems with limited involvement from manager
- Demonstrate ability to send and receive information clearly, concisely and on a timely basis.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Teamwork/Interpersonal abilities to enable accomplishment of responsibilities with peer groups.
- Possesses strong group facilitation skills.
- Deals effectively with conflict.
- Education: B.S. in Engineering, Processing, Food Technology and/or technical equivalent (demonstrated technical competency).
- Possess an understanding of AIB, Pest Control Methodology, and foundational sanitation cleaning methods.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft business software; i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook and new software as needed (SAP - Sanitation software).
- Previous history of leading a team through direct or indirect management and coaching.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement