Supply Chain Senior Project Engineer
Frito-Lay North America, a Division of PepsiCo, is seeking qualified Engineers to execute capital projects across 35 manufacturing locations and 170 Distribution and Traffic Centers throughout the US and Canada. These projects are essential to support both top line and bottom line company growth and may include but not limited to the following:
- Capacity Projects – Execute engineering solutions to bring additional capacity to Frito-Lay’s portfolio of products. This could include the modification of existing manufacturing lines, the expansion of warehouse and traffic facilities, and the installation of new manufacturing lines.
- Productivity Projects – Execute projects that create efficiency and drive operating savings. This could include automation, waste reduction, and environmental sustainability projects.
- New Products – Partner with R&D and Marketing Teams to deliver innovative new products into the market.
- Facility Projects – Execute projects that maintain and modernize Frito-Lay's facilities. This could include HVAC upgrades, electrical switch gear replacements, roof upgrades, compressed air upgrades, and high pressure boiler system upgrades.
- Define manufacturing and unit operation requirements for project scopes.
- Develop and execute work plans to identify technologies and vendors able to achieve the requirements.
- Apply engineering principles, modeling, and simulation with external vendors and consultants.
- Develop equipment installation and start-up plans while managing contractors and vendors.
- Participate in and lead cross-functional teams of colleagues and outside resources, including vendors and consultants to develop and execute capital projects.
- Develop capital requirements, establish operational metrics that define total productive performance, define development and commercialization schedules.
- Manage budget, schedule attainment, and achievement of line performance metrics.
- Develop innovative and cost-effective ways to source and commercialize new processes and equipment for new products, new packages or productivity initiatives.
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- B.S. in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- 4 to 6 years design and capital project management experience in the process, packaging, or manufacturing industries.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, aggressive, results-oriented culture.
- Communication skills to work with all levels of the organization from manufacturing employees to corporate executives.
- Strong technical competencies in at least one engineering discipline with solid understanding in several preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel 20 - 40% of the time.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement