Director, CTS Transformational Productivity Group
Street Address: United Kingdom - Leicestershire - Leicester - Bursom Industrial Estate,Leycroft Road - LE41ET
Responsible for identifying new opportunities and progressing development of boldly advantaged, affordable breakthrough technology and digital solutions for ESSA SC to unlock new customer and consumer value; drive SC productivity and improvement in broader performance goals; create new unlocks to step change PWP goals in manufacturing.
Encourage and motivate both the team, and also key strategic supplier partners and educational centres of excellence, to develop imaginative, innovative & creative solutions to complex, business critical, problems, impacting the Europe Operations spend map of circa $8 billion.
Scope includes Snacks, Beverages, Juice categories plus technology that can be applied in CS&L warehouses/ PO1.
Work through positive relationship with outside suppliers/ academic institutes/ innovators plus internal collaboration with SC; R&D; GP and Global team partners to ensure rapid development and deployment, alongside strong governance to ensure business needs are met and competitive advantage suitably protected.
Key accountabilities include:
- Lead the translation of the Europe sector business priorities and performance expectations into a strategy for field enabled technology and digital solutions that unlock step changes in customer/ consumer capability; productivity and Supply Chain performance and PWP metrics. Technology to be ESSA focused but with global replication applicability
- Conceptualise and define the technology focused agendas for process, energy and packaging hall automation and flexibility. Extensively collaborate with Global Purchasing, Global Engineering, European Technical Services (Quality, Food Safety and Vendor Assurance, Manufacturing best practice, Central Engineering & Sustainability teams).
- Lead the subsequent development and maintenance of rolling 3 year horizon strategies for process, utilities and packaging
- Continually scout and sustain a strategic network of 3rd party incubators, academic contacts, suppliers to bring “outside in” stimuli and technology unlocks
- Partner with Global Engineering and Global Ops teams to allocate global funding; resource projects on behalf of global priorities and enable global replication
- Ensure all technology is competitively advantaged and work with legal, GP, R&D partners and process to ensure the appropriate level of contractual, IP or trademark protection is in place for developments
- Ensure all PepsiCo safety, food safety, product and business needs are met in technology development whilst at the same time maintaining a balanced mind-set of questioning the “status quo”; getting underneath constraints and adopting an entrepreneurship approach to development
- Engage with the different functions integrating successfully solutions into existing technologies and systems.
What are we looking for?
Success in this role requires a unique blend of technical, analytical, creative, business, project management and leadership skills comprising.
- Technical degree in Engineering or closely related area.
- 10-15 years in engineering leadership roles in Operations, Supply Chain Management, development of equipment and delivery of transformational productivity.
- 10+ years in food and beverage industry as well as Consumer Packaged Goods experience preferred
- Business and customer mindset with strong financial system understanding.
- Experience in multiple regions, businesses with understanding of global business in developed and developing markets.
- Clear evidence of leading innovation, successful change and cultural transformation.
- Strong background in program management and project engineering methodologies and processes with experience in continuous improvement tools: Lean, Six Sigma, or other.
- Demonstrated success in driving strategic agenda through cross functional, highly matrixed organization with ability to influence senior partners.
- High integrity and able to build trusting relationships with ability to lead, inspire and handle technical and non-technical partners
- Strongly networked with external professionals, agencies and trade organizations; seen as a guide within the field to outside constituencies
Are you up for the challenge? You'll be rewarded with global career opportunities, constant learning and development, and the opportunity to be part of a highly successful and highly ethical company that is making a difference.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular