The LT&D Supply Chain Leader has direct responsibility for developing and executing strategies that lead the Frito-Lay Southgate, MI Traffic operations. Provide coaching and leadership to the Traffic Center team, including leaders, administrative associates, over the road drivers, and hourly associates. This team will consist of approximately 25 +/- OTR Drivers, 4 +/- hourly associates, and 4 +/- salaried roles in a seven day per week operation. The position requires team leadership in establishing and managing the departmental budget, establishing and maintaining a strong safety culture, coordinating traffic activities, equipment upgrades, coordinating delivery requirements to meet customer demands, managing efficiencies and driving opportunities for improvement, ensuring adherence to PepsiCo inventory management policies and procedures, following stringent quality procedures, ensuring safety policies and procedures are followed, and administering all company contracts, policies, and procedures.
Essential Functions/Accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Optimize operational efficiencies to support the transportation team.
- Ensure delivery schedules are met.
- Ensure all DOT guidelines are followed
- Ensure PepsiCo financial procedures are followed to ensure accurate inventory records are maintained.
- Maintain product quality and sanitation standards.
- Develop and manage annual budget.
- Manage the performance of direct reports through performance reviews, frequent discussions, coaching, and career development action plans.
- Coach for safe behaviors and compliance with safety policies and procedures.
- Provide a high degree of leadership and coaching to teams in the form of communication, issue resolution, process change, education and empowerment.
- Coach teams to demonstrate continuous improvement in profitability margins, efficiencies and cost savings initiatives.
- Administer Company policies, contracts and procedures.
- Must have 4-year college degree
- Having at least 2-3 years of experience in either Manufacturing, Distribution/Shipping, Planning and Purchasing, or Inventory Control is a strongly preferred qualification
- Must be able to lead people and develop them to perform at a higher level
- Must have good communications skills and able to interact with frontline team, salaried team, plant, sales, and HQ Supply Chain team
- Must have good analytical and problem solving skills to recognize problem areas, analyze them, and make recommendations, and take actions to solve them
- Must function with minimal supervision
- Must have good interpersonal skills to communicate with others in a professional and timely manner
- Must be self-motivated with good organizational skills, detail oriented, paperwork process oriented, with demonstrated abilities to follow-up and manage time effectively
- Must be willing to be on-call and work holidays/weekends
- Knowledge of DOT (Department Of Transportation) regulations is preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement