IT/OT Networks Security Sr. Engineer
The IT/OT Network Security Specialist will be responsible optimization of network security solutions for PepsiCo’s manufacturing. The IT/OT Network Security Specialist will enable/enhance security detection and protection capabilities in PepsiCo manufacturing while maintaining business continuity. He/she will partner and align with PepsiCo’s global Manufacturing Operational Technology, Supply Chain partners, and Information Security Engineering to support security technology initiatives in manufacturing.
This position requires broad IT background, expertise in Information Security, strong familiarity with manufacturing, comprehensive knowledge of network and infrastructure, and strong analytical, and communication skills.
- Lead the engineering lead role on Information Security manufacturing network technology projects
- Drive partnership with manufacturing operational technology, supply chain, and IT/OT Service Provider to execute initiatives and maintain operational health
- Lead mission programs with effective technology products and information
- Ensuring effective IT/OT performance and contributing to business continuity
- Engineering Subject Matter Expert (SME) for manufacturing security tools and functions as related to network.
- Manage rules updates, tuning and maintenance of security tools/functions
- Oversee and provide manufacturing IT/OT support escalations
- Develop junior team members and increase depth of knowledge in team
- Proactively identify, lead analysis, and resolution of highly complex problems
- Delivers presentations to a variety of audience levels
- Actively communicates to managerial and technical leadership operational issues in a timely manner
- In-depth knowledge of one or more technology and working knowledge across other technologies
- Maintains security standards documentation
- Bachelors or degree in Information Technology (or a related discipline) or relevant work experience
- 5+ years in manufacturing OT and IT environment – detailed experience in the Purdue Enterprise Reference Architecture (PERA) and Secure Architecture for Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
- 8+ years of information security experience with foundational knowledge in multiple areas including network routing and switching, firewalls, netflow, traffic analysis, IDS/IPS, web proxy, and others
- 8+ years of Information Technology experience including hardware, networking, architecture, protocols, file systems and operating systems
- Fundamental understanding of application protocols (HTTP, DNS, FTP, etc.) and networking protocols (TCP, UDP, ARP, ICMP, etc.), and be comfortable analyzing packet capture (pcap) files in tools such as Wireshark
- Proficiency in a Linux command line environment (awk, sed, grep, etc.) or Windows equivalent (Powershell) to analyze log files and locate anomalies
- Technical expertise in network security knowledge, to include VPN, Firewall, network monitoring, intrusion detection, web server security, and wireless security
- Works with IT, OT, and internal and external business partners to ensure that security is factored in the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration process of hardware and software
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement