Auto req ID:
At PepsiCo we are committed to attracting the best talent, people moved by challenges and inspired by personal and professional growth opportunities.
We feed emotions of our customers and consumers, achieving results with our unique way of doing business, acting with integrity, in an agile and responsible.
Performance with Purpose
Break new ground. Never settle for second place. Beat together, celebrate and do something bigger. This is the meaning of Performance with Purpose.
We are committed, around the world, to giving people the taste they wish and the nutrition they need. Dream globally and act locally, innovating constantly to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways to address health-related issues, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.
In Brazil since 1953, PepsiCo is one of the leading food and beverage companies in the country and operates in the market through favorite brands and recognized as QUAKER ® (cereals, cereal bars and cookies), TODDY ® (chocolate milk powder, chocolate milk ready to drink and cookies) , Magic ® (chocolate milk powder), TODDYNHO ® (chocolate milk ready to drink), ELMA CHIPS ® (popcorn, peanuts, wheat-based snacks), LUCKY ®, TORCIDA ®, RUFFLES, DORITOS ®, CHEETOS ®, FANDANGOS ® and FOFURA ® (snacks), EQLIBRI ™ and MABEL (cookies), GATORADE ® (sports drinks), LIPTON ® Ice Tea (tea ready to drink, in partnership with Unilever), KERO COCO ® and TROP COCO (coconut water), H2OH! ®, MOUNTAIN DEW and PEPSI-COLA ® (carbonated), and DRINKFINITY ® (portable and personal beverage system).
This role leads the Manufacturing Operational Support Agenda in 22 plants (10 countries) across Latam to achieve productivity improvements targeted on PSP involving savings related to Raw material efficiency & Line True Efficiency
• Lead the IPS ( Improved Performance and Specifications) audit process for 22 lines of Potato Chips (PC) Core lines + 1 Stax Lines + 8 Non Core PC lines by:
- Defining and aligning the audit agenda with the Latam Operations Plant Managers & Directors.
- Providing regular technicals updates on the Global audit Framework based PepsiCo's internal guidance to ensure technical alignment of production lines to meet global standards.
- Leading the interaction (and define accountabitlites) with Quality, HSE, Manteinance & Productivity Operations leaders.
- Defining and ensuring compliance on the resulting action plan (coming from audit results) to improve lines conditions enabling – and consequently improving - performance.
- Identifying efficiencies / costs by analyzing gaps vs global IPS standards and regional best in class benchmark.
- Providing visibility to Sr. Leadership (VPs, Directors, Excomms) through technical audit reports.
• Define and lead the annual technical capability program “Performance Based Training (PBT)” for PC Product Platform across Latam for 22 lines of Potato Chips (PC) Core lines + 1 Stax Lines + 8 Non Core PC lines by:
- Leading the Train the Trainers “Performance Based Training (PBT)” Program acting as the single point person for Latam.
- Delivering the annual mandatory training certification that impact on the SETS roles (Site Expert and Trainer) located in 22 plants in Latam. (By YE 2018 120 SETS)
- Ensuring Capability Program Internal replication at site level which implies Certified Trainers delivering trainings to Line Operators, Quality Facilitators, Maintenance Technicians, Production Supervisors (about 350 internal headcounts impacted yearly).
- Managing Global PBT Manuals including the development of regional / local specific addemdums. Translation and interpretation of technical content and global guidances.
- Deploy and lead the“SET Role Alignment Mapping” across 22 plants in LATAM to drive compliance with SET accountabilities and proposed structure. Perform sessions with Ops Directors to address deviations vs Capability Matrix, and/or management opportunities at site level that compromise Program deliverables.
• Develop and deploy Process tools to allow waste mapping analysis and identification of root cause for actions plans in 22 lines of Potato Chips (PC) Core lines + 1 Stax Lines + 8 Non Core PC by:
- Develop and improve Waste Mapping and Mass Balance regional tools.
- Lead periodic conference calls/sessions with site managers/frontline leaders/SETs to align improvement actions and plan follow-up to drive performance on Raw Material efficiencies.
- Perform regional assessments to define benchmark opportunities and replicate waste management best practices at LATAM level.
• Lead the follow up process of the Delta T project and Asset Maximization initiative to deliver throughput loss reduction (True Efficiency improvement) across 31 lines for LATAM:
- Lead periodic conference calls/sessions with site managers/frontline leaders/SETs to drive analysis on the root causes generating throughput loss and address local improvement actions.
- Manage interactions with “Controls & Information System” to promote continuous improvement of Delta T tool (online capacity loss tracking) and sustain funtionalinaty in the manufacturing sites.
- Conduct and validate capacity trials as strategy to define contraints and address “Unlock” actions enabling to reach Global Throughput standards across CORE PC lines/Stax.
- Provide visibility to Sr. Leadership (VPs, Directors, Excomms) through consolidated reports.
• Lead Finished Waste events (line waste reduction tool) as technical expert for PC platform to drive improvement plans optimizing both Waste and True Efficiency across LATAM:
- Coordinate prework process to assure proper opportunity prioritization aligning scope for site intervention execution (maximizing value of activities during Waste event).
- Lead team activities during Finished Waste interventions assuring full compliance with initiative deliverables (comprehensive improvement plans with clear resulting Productivity targets).
• Assure compliance with PSP Productivity targets both related to “Do Better” Process Productivity (Raw Materials) as well as True Efficiency (TE) plan for LATAM (targets detailed below).
• Lead the IPS (Improved Performance & Specifications) initiative across LATAM Operations assuring compliance with Global/Regional Standards as integral strategy to optimize Total Manufacturing Cost while sustaining/improving Product design and Quality attributes.
• Deploy and manage follow-up workstreams with Latam Ops teams assuring execution of initiatives/technical solutions delivering Line Capacity optimization consequently incrementing Manufacting fill rate and/or improving total product cost.
• Lead implementation of new operational best practices and Breakthrough Innovation for field operations.
Provide technical specific support to improvement plans for LATAM against KPI opportunities, including cost, quality, safety and people capability areas.
"This selection process is being circulated internally and externally simultaneously."
• Degree in Engineering Food/Process/Materials/Chemical/Mechanical.
• 3-4 years of work experience in areas related to product & process.
• 2 years-experience of Business Knowledge (retail / manufacturing products)
• 2 years of functional knowledge: In depth knowledge of PC, Packaging and other technologies, as well as process factors impacting True Efficiency for the lines.
• English (Fluent / native) Spanish (Fluent / native) Portugues (Fluent / native)
• Technological platforms desired (Xpert Diagnostic)
• Office Package
• Must be willing to travel (Frequently 50% of time)
• Developed personal leadership. This role will interact with several stakeholders / functions (Leadership it's a must to success in the role)
• Developed Analytical Skills: Capable of perform complex technical cause-effect / Trade Off analysis to develop and deliver integral improvement plans.
• Training, coaching & Communication skills: Demonstrated technical expert knowledge in product and process, with training and coaching skills. Recognized as Process Expert for PC (CORE/Non CORE) and STAX. PepsiCo specific knowledge.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills (mandatory) with ability to influence others.
• Results oriented & mission driven (Actively seeking for continuous improvement when delivering results in manufacturing area).
• Willingness to confront and challenge status Quo. This role must promote / foster improvements.
• Manage succesfull Matrix Relationships and deploy functional leadership across 22 plants in LATAM, ability to use personal influence, credibility and knowledge to get results through others.
• Communication skills: Ability to explain complex technical issues/solutions to a non-technical audience.
• Strong analytical skills – ability to analyze issues looking for root cause, interpret complex data and develop action plans for improvement.
• Matrix Environment leader
• Team Player, self-starter, self-motivating - able to deal with uncertainty and complexity.
• Cultural sensitivity/flexibility in responding to different cultures.
• Presentation abilities.Relocation Eligible:
Not ApplicableJob Type: