Main Purpose – what is the main objective/purpose of the role? (Max 2-3 lines summarizing the role)
- Ensuring best quality of product and minimum customer complaints through stringent on-line quality control checks and finished product inspection
- Implementing right quality control systems/standards for the processes, physical systems and environment.
- Trouble shooting during online production to minimize wastage and ensure quality.
- Responsible for maintaining GMP, GHK GLP and internal / external audits (HACCP, AIB, Personal Hygiene, Process audit)
- Root cause and failure analysis for quality defects and implementation of the corrective actions.
Accountabilities – list in priority order the main accountabilities/deliverables of the role, including key measures. These should be clearly the responsibilities of the JOB HOLDER.
|Conducting online quality checks |
- Conducting visual inspection for;
(Peelers, Fryers, Slicer for thickness average and range, Chip Conveyors, Seasoning Tumbler)
- Ensuring that all key operating parameters of machines are in the specified range
- Ensuring optimum utilization of fryer oil
- Conducting 4 hourly checks on oil being used for frying for FFA, OV, foreign materials, taste & odor
- Comparing test results against gold standards oil usage charts
- Deciding the mix of fresh and blended oil to be used for frying operations
- Conducting product weak link analysis according to stipulated frequency
- Conducting regular quality wall meetings with S/I, Pkg leader & operatives for discussing quality defects detected online and then deciding the measures to rectify the problems
- Ensuring PAE analysis is conducted by operatives every hour for all lines
- Ensuring corrective actions are taken for all deviations in quality parameters
- Communicating concern areas and corrective actions to the concerned shift in-charge and production manager promptly
- Informing the Quality Manager in case test results indicate a crisis situation
|Conducting online quality checks and finished products’ inspection in the packaging area to ensure compliance with Frito Lay standards of quality|
- Ensuring that the Quality Checkers conduct packaging quality analysis as per laid protocol
- Conducting random film quality checks on the basis of any special complaints received from the production department
- Communicating concern areas and corrective actions to the concerned operator, shift in-charge and production manager promptly
- Consulting the quality manager in case of criticalities
- Ensuring that the corrective action is implemented
- Product weak-link analysis on 4 hrly basis to evaluate product quality.
- Driving product Wall evaluation to ascertain product quality status.
- Partnering with R&D for packaging development.
|Monitoring machines in the process and packaging area specifically for their effect on quality and ensuring minimum waste due to machine related factors|
- Calibration of machines like FL-710 that detects moisture and % of oil in the chips after they are fried
- Ensuring that the slicer blade is changed as per defined frequency.
- Ensuring that the peeler rollers/KKR parts are changed periodically to avoid any impact on product quality
- Process capability studies are conducted for seasoning system and corrective actions are taken to improve Cp/Cpk in case found low
|Maintaining accurate and comprehensive reports for communication to all the people concerned|
- Ensuring that the quality checkers make correct entry of leakage & weight in SAP for each shift
- Circulating shift quality report consisting of key product & packaging quality parameters
- Ensuring that the operators make PAE recoding in assigned format on hourly basis
- Submitting a Weekly & Monthly Quality Report on key product & packaging quality parameters
|Conducting housekeeping audit to ensure implementation of safety and hygiene practices in the entire plant |
- Inspecting the process and packaging area to ensure that the working conditions like lighting, placement of material on the shop floor are as per standard requirements and that there are no unsafe conditions in the plant
- Ensuring no spillage/unhygienic conditions around equipment
- Conducting visual inspection to ensure that all the hold material of the previous week is cleared
- Getting non-compliances rectified before start-up
|Handling the hold material for minimizing wastages|
- Ensuring that the hold material is cleared within 48 hours of hold-up
- Awarding Red, White and Yellow Non Compliance Disposition (NCD) Tags to the hold material after detailed analysis
- Reporting the status of the tags to the production department stating the reasons for hold-up
|Ensuring adherence to statutory laws (Weights and Measures & FSSA ) and internal controls|
- Increasing awareness about statutory laws
- Maintaining accurate statutory records
- Compliance to I2C key controls
|Effective resolution of customer complaints|
- Assisting the quality manager in analyzing root causes of complaint and developing a forward action plan
- Implementing the action plan
- Ensuring the complaint does not occur again
|Participating in TPM activities for increased involvement in the functioning of the plant |
- Leading/ participating in TPM for various projects undertaken by them.
|Practicing a work culture that promotes company growth|
- Internalizing quality standards and concept of “ cost of non- quality’
- Executing the action plans to institutionalize these
- Providing regular feedback to the quality manager on culture
|Implementing change initiatives and continuous improvement in own department and plant |
- Identifying areas of improvement and highlighting these to Quality Manager
- Implementing the action plans developed by the Quality Manager for continuous change
- Ensure compliance with SOX and perform all roles and responsibilities as a Control Owner of I2C process
|Documenting all quality procedures, systems, standards, findings, hazards and corrective actions systematically|
|Support in driving training agenda|
- Training to operatives
- Leading LTI initiatives to ensure timely completion of trials
Job Dimensions – what is the scope of the role – volume, net revenue, budget, geography, number of customers, number of sites etc for THIS role?
- Volume (AOP volume) & AVC
- Quality – wall in green, leakage, zero RED alert complaint
- 3P & CFA audits
- Market visit
- Total Manpower: Operatives & contractual
- Geography: Pune snacks plant
- AIB audit
- Packaging machines
Key Skills/Experience Required – specific education/certification, specific functional experience, language etc NEEDED for the job. Please note that this is not necessarily the incumbent’s personal background.
- M.Sc. Chemistry, Food Tech Degree, Post Graduate in Food tech, Post Graduate in dairy technology
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Food/Beverage/FMCG industry
- Exposure to food safety systems and ISO systems
- Preferably Knowledge of HACCP/AIB and TPM.