Director of Logistics Strategy
We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers.
We're a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole. The North America Beverages (NAB) Supply Chain Operations group provides a demanding, fast-paced environment, where growth equals opportunity and fun accompanies the challenge. We are proud to say that PepsiCo has one of the most advanced and sophisticated supply chain environments in all of North America.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
What you'll do:
As the Director of Logistics Strategy - HQ, you'll have a great opportunity to lead the PepsiCo NAB Transportation team in transportation planning, fleet maintenance, CAPEX development, analytics, and field support of the +$1.7B annual spend associated with the Pepsi, Gatorade, Quaker, Tropicana, and Naked Juice brands. You'll be part of a high-performing team, responsible for building strategies that guide and influence productivity, cash flow benefits, investment/capital needs. You'll also have exposure to NAB’s senior Supply Chain leadership team with the opportunity to use your creative and analytical skillset to solving strategic issues for the supply chain function.
The Director of Logistics Strategy role requires blending strong internal capabilities with external perspectives, creating an opportunity to champion new initiatives that demonstrate breakthrough thinking. You'll lead highly visible projects that will have a significant impact on the direction and performance of the division. They will be expected to work both independently on projects as well as play a leadership role in the creation of strategies across multiple projects.
Roles & Responsibilities May Include:
- Leading Supply Chain Planning function with accountability to improve service levels and flexibility while balancing NAB financial objectives
- Working with Planning, Manufacturing, Customer Service, Finance, and Sales to formulate and drive supply planning strategies and tactics
- Managing cross-divisional Supply Chain related initiatives and translate them into Supply Chain processes and responsibilities
- Lead projects to reduce cost, improve service, and reduce inventory
- Find opportunities, develop action plans, and lead improvement projects
- Use your analytical competencies to provide new insights and deliver key business results and build systems to sustain the improvements
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop value adding systems and processes
- Support creation and implementation of annual operational plans
- Identify and define other business questions and issues and develop strategic, analytical and financial frameworks to conduct analyses and solve critical business issues in collaboration with key partners
- Demonstrate strong leadership and significant influence management skills with the ability to quickly gain credibility with a broad group of people – team members, cross functional peers and functional leadership
- Coach and develop team members
- Support the development and execution of the Strategic Planning processes for the function
- Clearly and concisely communicate the implications of analyses and the execution plan to divisional leaders in verbal and written form
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years additional experience in Transportation, Finance or Analytics at a CPG company or supporting CPG organizations in management consulting role a strong plus.
- Experience in global business settings and your proven ability to manage large, cross-functional projects will help you be successful in this role.
- Your ability and passion for creative, out of the box thinking to develop and vet solutions for the business, as well as a willingness to question the status quo and generally accepted beliefs.
- Your ability to communicate effectively and succinctly at all levels of an organization; ability to influence others and communicate in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect.
- Beyond basic Transportation, you should exhibit experience in driving action against the supply chain to execute key initiatives
- Strong financial acumen and ability to conduct in-depth analytic work.
- Ability to define business problems and frameworks, and discern what is important.
- Demonstrated capability to manage multiple partners to high quality output against regular deadlines
- Passion for the Consumer and for Consumer Packaged Goods: An ongoing desire to make one of the world’s strongest CPG companies even stronger and experience developing growth strategies leveraging consumer insights
- Bring a “servant leadership” mentality, with ability to quickly identify how to contribute and skill to balance a bias for leadership role while equally able to work collaboratively within teams.
- Self-motivated, high energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment
- Awareness of emerging trends and competitive activity in the marketplace
- Understand cultural and social differences in key markets and potential secondary markets.
- Adaptability in less-structured environments (able to “jump in” and contribute even when facts are not yet 100% clear); ability to quickly figure out solutions to complex issues
- Persistent and resilient in the pursuit of objectives, can shift gears easily, is willing to take on new challenges and works to resolve issues
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement