FT Heavy Duty Fleet Mechanic
The Fleet Mechanic is responsible for performing preventative maintenance inspections and repairs to all new and existing fleet equipment. Job duties also include performing yearly commercial vehicle safety inspections as well as equipment moves and tire removal and installations. Also required is repairs to light duty and material handling equipment.
The successful candidate must have open availability and be able to work 2:00pm to 10:30pm shifts.
Daily Responsibilities and Tasks
- Interpreting work orders and technical manuals both on PC, tablet and paper.
- Open and close work orders as required
- Performing general and preventive maintenance services.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical and electronic failures as well as visually inspecting, listening to the driver, road testing and using various diagnostic tools.
- Work with locations to diagnose issues relating to the equipment
- Completing repairs or replacing defective parts, components or systems as required.
- Testing and inspecting vehicle to ensure repairs are completed to manufacturer specifications and Government standards.
- Documenting and record repair / PM story on work order noting problems or unusual situations encountered during repairs.
- Be able to diagnose and repair support equipment such as Light duty trucks, vans, forklifts, pallet jacks and all support equipment required for delivery. ( Anything with wheels )
- Be able to attend additional training online, nationally and in the U.S as well as assisting other technicians or apprentices with their work.
- Other related or similar duties as required.
Requirements Skills, Education, and Certifications
- Licensed HET Mechanic.
- Good computer skills
- Engine experience
- Cab and Chassis electronic experience
- Experience with International / Volvo beneficial
- Familiar with diagnostic software
- Province of Alberta - Commercial Vehicle Inspectors Certificate
- Valid Class 1 license
- Must be able to sit, kneel, lift, walk, lay, and carry for extended periods
- Valid certification as a Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Own toolbox and tools required
- Strong mathematical skills
- Be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend to ensure effective communication with employees and Leadership teams.
- Cost exposure to the company is greater than $1,000
- Must be self-motivated and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must conduct his / her self in a professional manner.
- Familiar with the safe operation of hand tools.
- Team player who shows initiative, reliability, flexibility with a strong sense of commitment.
- Other duties as assigned
Major Physical Demands:
- Frequently lifting/carrying a maximum of 60 lbs
- Occasionally pushing/pulling/lifting a maximum of 100 lbs. (with the aid of a mechanical device)
- Frequent bending and reaching above the shoulder
Job Type: Regular