The Distribution Center Manager has:
- Directly responsible for the welfare and performance of 125 PepsiCo hourly personnel and 29 PepsiCo salaried personnel
- Responsibility for the timely execution of product flow to the traffic organization, customers, and other Distribution Centers
- Interfaces between warehouse operations and plant scheduling to insure that product is available for daily load-outs
- Directly accountable for the financial delivery of the $20MM Chilled Warehouse budget
- Responsible for executing all aspects of required customer service on annual shipments exceeding 54MM case shipments annually
- Effectively develop long term strategies for the site which address cost, service and capability requirements for the businesses supported within the Chilled Network
- Meet or exceed the needs of the customer as defined through business metrics and service level expectations – both internal and external to PepsiCo
- Deliver expected cost performance through Annual Operating Plan (AOP) attainment
- Develop appropriate strategies and tactics to identify and generate required system productivity
- Ensure strict adherence to all governmental and corporate regulatory requirements
- Ensure strict adherence to good accounting principles (purchasing policy, invoicing, etc.) and all required pepsiCo control procedures
- Maintain superior quality AIB facility conditions at all times
- Develop and execute people performance and development/career action plans for organization which enhance competency & career development while providing for upward talent movement within the organization
- Ensure safe working conditions and a “safety first” culture is in place at all times across the Chilled Network
- Create and manage space policies and procedures in order to effectively ensure planned inventory requirements can be met within the site
- Deliver all key metrics (Freshness, Inv Accuracy, LSC, etc) as defined by the organization
Candidates should have strong analytic and data skills as well as solid people and influence management skills (demonstrated ability to drive an agenda across multiple functional groups and levels).
Candidates must also be able to demonstrate strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills to support collaboration and consensus building across all levels of the organization.
Additionally, ideal candidates will also possess the following skills:
- Previous experience leading teams/delivering results
- Previous experience managing Managers
- Strong and demonstrated financial/cost management skills
- Effective team building and workforce leadership skills
- Strong people and influence management skills
- Previous experience in Warehouse Operations
- Transportation skills/Operational knowledge of carrier operations
- Capability to proactively identify and implement change
- Knowledge of system applications (Microsoft Office, SAP, LDD)
- Experience working with/in a Union environment a plus
- Broad based Operations/Logistics/Supply Chain experience
- Knowledge and experience with WMS.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement