Controlling & Reporting Senior Analyst
- The role of the Senior Financial Reporting Analyst supports the Senior Tax Accounting & Reporting Manager in ensuring the financial reporting integrity for PepsiCo ESSA (Europe Sub-Saharan Africa)
- The individual will be key to the monthly and quarterly reporting processes for the ESSA Sector Financial Reporting group and will support, improve and develop the financial reporting systems and offline reports.
- The individual will be integral to supporting Hyperion Financial Management (‘HFM’) including system updates and other technical changes.
Accounting and reporting:
- Take full ownership of (certain) US GAAP reporting requirements in accordance with PepsiCo Corporate reporting standards and instructions for the monthly/quarterly closes
- Ensure collaborative working with the other team members to submit timely consolidated ESSA Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss, and other Period end analysis in accordance with Corporate deadlines.
- Support the Senior Tax Accounting & Reporting Manager to provide periodic confirmations (including Constant Currency results) to Corporate
- Consolidation and review of the GNG reporting
- Review the inter- and intra-company matching explanations in Suncore
- Identify unusual transactions reported in the reporting schedules at each period close. Work together with other team members to ensure these transactions are reported correctly in all of the relevant ESSA’s reporting deliverables.
- Preparation of the Governmental Reporting to Corporate
- Review and manage the work of a more junior team member including submission of the intercompany balances on a monthly basis
- Deliver ad-hoc requests from Corporate by discussing approach with the Senior Tax Accounting & Reporting Manager. This may include interaction with the Market Unit teams across ESSA.
- HFM– Manage changes including user access. Provide support to the Market Unit teams during system updates. Ensure accuracy and consistency of P&L expenses on HFM chart of accounts and manage any required chart of accounts changes. Manage HFM requests for new HFM codes for ESSA for each update cycle. It is essential that all changes are thoroughly checked to ensure the integrity of the ESSA Sector results.
- Internal financial controls - Perform Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOx”) tests and complete test scripts for review by senior members of the team on a timely basis. Support the Senior Tax Accounting & Reporting Manager in discussing the results and work with the internal controls department to improve key controls design and SOx documentation.
- Financial reporting process efficiency and simplification - Take ownership of key debrief actions to ensure that there are continuous improvements in the financial reporting processes for ESSA and suggest and implement financial reporting scorecard improvements including liaison with Corporate and the field.
- Field support and training - Be available to conduct field visits and engage in detailed reviews of financial reporting issues, provide on-site training on PepsiCo ESSA financial reporting processes and other direct coaching, support, technical know-how and advice to the sector and market units, oversee HFM training delivery across the ESSA network as necessary and participate in on-boarding meetings for new region or key market financial reporting personnel
- Develop skills as a HFM subject matter expert to manage data analysis efficiently and be able to support other users
- Project work – especially accounting/reporting support for mergers and acquisitions, capex, multi-year contracts, LSS …etc.
Key Skills/Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- 5 years relevant post qualification financial accounting/tax experience
- CPA, ACCA or CA or equivalent
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to drive process changes throughout ESSA
- Ability deliver robust information to tight deadlines
- Strong understanding of controls and control environment
- Strong and established analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and/or IFRS preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including awareness of cultural differences in the division) for effective communication
- Good relationship building skills
- Thorough understanding of financial metrics
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally
- HFM Experience
- Hyperion Web Analysis
- Microsoft Office
Job Type: Regular