Category Manager - Dollar channel
Street Address: United States – TN – Nashville – 401 Commerce Street, Suite 3200 – 37219-2507
**Flexible on Location: Nashville, Chicago, Plano, White Plains, Minneapolis**
Demand Xcelerator is a team that represents a transformation of Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing, Category Leadership, and Space Engineering resources to support Sales and Marketing plans for enterprise, national, and regional customers across the PepsiCo portfolio. This approach allows us to build best-in-class capabilities, develop deep functional expertise, and offer focused programs to drive growth with our customers. The Demand Xcelerator will help PepsiCo provide our customers cutting edge data and insights, as well as, personalized solutions to drive incremental growth for both our customers and PepsiCo.
This is a new role which will support the Dollar Channel on Quaker/North America Nutrition by leading the category and Quaker/NAN portfolio analysis and collaborating with the sales team and customer on growth solutions. PepsiCo has a well-developed business within Dollar channel and a strong track record of growth. This role is responsible for leading the partnership with sales and providing analytical insights and thought leadership to enable a strong Joint Business Planning and deliver the in- year business plan. A key focus area will be analyzing and translating consumer and category data into actionable strategies and tactics in partnership with the Quaker sales team, and supporting creation of selling stories that are compelling and meaningful to drive profitable sales & market share gains. The person in this role will wire with the customers as an advisor and participate in JBP meetings.
- Develops winning partnerships with customer and with internal PepsiCo stakeholders
- Build advisory relationship with customer merchandising/ insights team
- Provides insights, analysis, and customer specific recommendations for Category Reviews. Develops an insights led growth agenda in collaboration with sales to accelerate category growth, pursue BFY white space with our customers, expand space and drive Quaker/NAN portfolio sales.
- Ability to lead cross functionally with sales, sales planning, internal category management, and Shopper Marketing, to ensure delivery of relevant innovation and key initiatives
- Help drive the Joint Business Planning process at key customers
- Efficiently mine data and work with cross functional internal partners to identify opportunities, issues and solutions for the Sales and Category Leadership team to implement at the customer
- Analytically strong and proficient in “connecting the dots” to bring insights to action
- Use multiple data sources to develop regular and ad hoc reports to include sales/share reporting, opportunity gap, SKU rationalization, plan-o-gram analysis, promotion analysis, item tracking, pricing studies, financial performance, sales and performance trackers
- Conduct deep-dive shopper/business/competitive analytics, including demand based clustering
- Identify the most critical “problems-to-solve” proactively
- Develop assortment, shelving and product strategies, tactics and plans for customers
- Research and analyze data and other category-related information to identify trends, category performance, competitive threats, opportunities, etc. to support business decisions
- Provides customer/channel expertise and leadership to drive development of appropriate category plans within business unit
- Create customized retailer specific selling stories leveraging all available data sources
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 3-5+ years Category Management/Sales strategy/Insights experience required
- 3-5+ years of experience in analyzing and interpreting data and team/project management experience required
- Must be proficient with PowerPoint and Excel, including VLOOKUPS, pivot tables and other critical formulas in Excel
- Working knowledge of syndicated data via IRI and/or Nielsen required. Will work with several data sources in role (1010, IRI, IRI Panel, etc.). Understanding of shopper insights and panel data preferred.
- Experience working with Strategic Retailers preferred in category management. Prior Sales experience at PepsiCo or other CPG beneficial but not required
- Capacity to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of personal motivation, analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Strong capability to leverage influencing skills to gain alignment, agreement, and commitments (internal/external).
- Excellent presentation skills, both in development of compelling stories and in presenting them within customer and internal organization.
- Strong ability to work within and be successful in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong analytical skills: ability to link strategies and objectives to develop a plan
- Excellent communication skills: ability to send and receive information clearly and concisely
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement