Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place R&D Interns/ Full- Time hires primarily in the three headquarter locations: Plano, TX; Chicago/Barrington, IL; Purchase/Valhalla, NY. In some cases, Interns/Full-Time hires will be placed in satellite locations. Location preferences will be discussed in the interview process.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
- As a Process Engineering Intern, you will collaborate with cross functional teams comprising technical experts within the R&D function, as well as business unit leaders to design, execute, and launch new innovative products across PepsiCo's portfolio. You will play a critical role in the innovation lifecycle by providing your insight and technical expertise from ideation through product launch.
- As a R&D Scientist Intern, you will participate in the product development process including new idea generation, prototype development, and product optimization and production start-up across a diverse portfolio of beverage and snack product categories.
- As a R&D Food Safety & Quality Assurance (GFGC) Intern, you will participate in providing the framework of governance, compliance and processes across global R&D. You could work within the following teams: Quality, Food Safety, Analytical, Scientific Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Product Crisis & Incident Management, Supplier Quality Assurance, Nutrition Science, or Microbiology.
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing an Engineering, Food Science, Agriculture or related degree
- Must graduate with final Bachelor’s and/or Master’s and/or Doctorate degree within one (1) year of internship completion
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives
- Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources
- Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions
- Ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel
- Actual working location will be determined at point of offer: Barrington, Plano, Valhalla
- Bachelor’s degree: Candidates should be completing their junior year of studies
- Masters/PhD degree: Candidates should be completing at least their first year of studies
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment.
- Must pass a drug screen and background investigation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement