We are recruiting a Packaging Scientist to join our Governance & Compliance team in Cork on a permanent basis.
We are Global Functions, Governance and Compliance (GFGC) which form part of the global R&D. We provide the framework for governance, compliance and processes across Pepsico R&D functions globally. GFGC teams work in partnership with the Category (Beverage, Nutrition, Snacks) teams to seamlessly deliver results as one PepsiCo R&D. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The Packaging Scientist will work with Business Sectors, Bottlers and Suppliers in the development, and implementation of packaging quality programs as well as building field capability through the development and delivery of best practice tools to support all plant programs. The position is responsible for interfacing and/or interacting with Business Sectors to evaluate packaging in support of innovation, trouble shooting and other customer needs, ensuring all analysis is conducted in a timely fashion.
- Support the process of new package introduction or optimization of existing packaging at Bottling Facilities
- Providing technical support for root cause analysis of customer complaints related to packaging
- Ensure the accurate, timely analysis and reporting of packaging samples in compliance with PepsiCo standards
- Provide training in support of programs and best practices
- Provide analytical & technical support to customers and bottling operations on packaging
- Support & participate in QA lab operation projects
- Define performance goals, track and analyse performance measures (KPI) and establish/implement corrective actions to improve performance.
- Develop / maintain / implement Packaging Best Practices Tools / Packaging technical program
- Develop & deploy packaging training material and deliver training as per business agenda
- Implement and maintain relevant Quality Systems and ensure the packaging lab quality systems compliance to IEC17025 standard
- Ensure flexibility within the department by acting as back-up as required
- Functional Excellence – Demonstrate functional/ technical mastery in packaging discipline.
- Problem Solving - The ability to identify and define problems as well as to generate and implement potentially effective solutions.
- Flexibility - The ability to adjust ones emotions, thoughts and behaviours to changing situations and conditions.
- Assertiveness – The ability to express feelings, benefits and thoughts and defends ones right in a non-destructive way.
- Establish Priorities - The ability to establish clear responsibility for action against clear priorities and to balance competing priorities without losing momentum behind execution.
- Inclusion - Treats all people with respect & fairness
- Communicate Productively - The ability to clearly communicate ideas, plans & priorities to others.
- Drive for Results - Demonstrates perseverance & resilience in the pursuit of goals
- Interpersonal Skills – The ability to establish and maintain relationships
- Motivate Others – Energises and inspires others and builds a sense of urgency in the team to get results.
- Inspire trust & walks the talk - Is trusted by those he/she works with and acts consistently with his/her words
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a Packaging Scientist. However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be R&D QA Associate ScientistRelocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular