Senior Qualitative Sensory Scientist
How do you get athletes and exercisers to play harder and perform better for longer amounts of time? How do you lower salt by 25 to 50 percent without taking away the taste people love? How do you balance biological needs with cultural wants, while minimizing impacts to local ecosystems?
At PepsiCo, we're rethinking research and development to look beyond flavor, color and intensity of taste. As we study and understand how the body metabolizes foods and beverages, we're designing convenience products that make it easier for consumers to lead healthier lifestyles. Our global team of scientists, engineers, and quality professionals are working to develop new products that can improve people's diets and their lives.
Join our team of experts who use the most advance technologies and scientific methods with the purpose of improving lives every day. Our ideal Senior Qualitative Sensory Scientist will:
- Provide consumer-centric technical guidance, product insights and recommendations via qualitative approaches to enable successful identification and development of projects for all product categories. Be the driving influence to champion the value of consumer empathy and qualitative insights for market success.
- Embed design thinking and opportunity building into the PepsiCo innovation process
- Conduct qualitative sensory and consumer research in support of innovation product development and other research initiatives. Work independently with R&D, business teams and suppliers to design and conduct appropriate research to build learning and advance knowledge of product innovation and meet the business objectives.
- Specifically, the Senior Scientist will design front end research plans, determine appropriate research methodologies, coordinate tests, execute them, analyze and interpret experimental data, provide technical recommendations, and report results orally, and written.
- Be a Moderator and Facilitator between Product Development and Marketing
- MS or Ph.D.: Major in Food Science (thesis in Sensory), Sensory or Consumer Psychology
- Minimum of 3 years (MS) or 2 years (Ph.D.) professional experience as a Qualitative Researcher in a Sensory & Consumer Research position within a major consumer packaged goods company
- Certified Trained Facilitator/Moderator of Qualitative Research Techniques
- Experience in global organization welcomed but not required
- Strong knowledge of qualitative consumer research fundamentals, and ability to apply qualitative research techniques for new and existing products
- Knowledge of design thinking process
- Independently lead and manage multiple projects
- Interpret qualitative data
- Write clear and comprehensive reports
- Share data and insights to cross functional project teams
- Relate impact on the business
- Flex and adapt to changes and project timelines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal /team work skills
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement