R&D Packaging Co-Op
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place R&D Interns/ Full- Time hires primarily in the three headquarter locations: Plano, TX; Chicago/Barrington, IL; Purchase/Valhalla, NY. In some cases, Interns/Full-Time hires will be placed in satellite locations. Location preferences will be discussed in the interview process.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
What you can expect:
In this position you will contribute to channels specific project initiatives, such as, package development and testing, results evaluation, conducting plant trials, developing pallet patterns and coordinating with manufacturing plants and suppliers.
Utilize critical thinking skills to plan and coordinate individual activities that contribute to project results:
- Identification of various packaging materials through individual understanding of necessary physical properties and applications, and coordination with vendors
- Coordinate and perform independent and team experiments in laboratory and manufacturing plants
- Presentation of project results and findings to leadership upon completion of internship
- Some travel to headquarters and manufacturing plants would be required (15-20%)
Goal of Program:
- Enhance technical understanding of core packaging materials with exposure to industry relevant challenges
- Expand critical problem solving and decision make skills through development and execution of qualification plans
- Improve communication skills with interaction of cross-functional teams and leadership alignment
- Better understanding of consumer goods organization
- Development & qualification of new offerings for specific customers (Target, Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club)
- Assessment of internal and external distribution systems of channels packaging
- Research & Benchmarking studies to identify “white space” for future packaging development opportunities
What we’re looking for:
- Level: Advanced Junior, Senior, Graduate Student (all non-graduating)
- Course Requirements: Student must have completed 300 level courses at minimum prior to beginning co-op
- Basic knowledge of packaging materials, package manufacturing processes, and distribution systems
- Capable of working in both individual and team settings
- Seeking highly energetic, creative, and motivated individuals
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of coop completion.
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment.
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement