PepsiCo North America Nutrition Sales Intern
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
The purpose of the PepsiCo NA Nutrition Sales Intern is to provide an opportunity
- Retail - Maintain good relations with all Retail Store personnel while executing individual retail goals to maximize profits. Sharing and delivering business building opportunities at retail accounts. Identifying and solidifying product distribution opportunities, sell and build displays, enforce strict product quality standards, identify competitive activity and store level issues.
- Customer Management - Identify customer needs, priorities and making regular buyer calls. Create fact-based selling presentations. Manage strategic selling opportunities at assigned accounts including non-price related sales and business unit initiatives, special packs, and the recommendation/evaluation of incremental sales growth drivers. Manage Account Planners; sell Ads, displays and merchandising. Communicate and ensure adherence to Quaker, Tropicana and Gatorade’s company policies.
- Business Analyst/Category Analyst - Provide analytic support on category management initiatives in a field/customer team office that enable the sales organization to exceed volume, share and net revenue goals. Work on strategic Business Unit projects/initiatives such as new item launches or merchandising strategies to ensure executional excellence at the customer and market level
- Successfully interact with customers and effectively sell in and execute Sales programs and initiatives
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prepare and deliver presentations to customers as needed
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to influence various teams
- Use fact-based selling skills and deliver exceptional customer service
- Activate local and national marketplace initiatives and promotions through merchandising products and building creative displays
- (As the work environment is physical) stand, walk, reach, and squat throughout the work day
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Professional Selling, Sales Management, Business Administration, Communications, Organizational Leadership, Entrepreneurship (other related majors will be considered)
- Previous selling / customer service experience (on- or off- campus; either through part time jobs or through academic clubs)
- Proven leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Availability to work flexible schedules
- Flexibility for relocation will allow for greater advancement opportunities
- Spanish language skills a plus but not required
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Have a valid driver’s license and access to an automobile to drive to various sales locations for duration of internship
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation, including a Motor Vehicle Report (clean driving record for the past 3 years)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement