PepsiCo National Sales Associate Manager
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
PepsiCo is the only company with three major trademarks in carbonated soft drinks – Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Mist Twist. When it comes to non-carbonated soft drinks, we have world class equities across every category – Aquafina in water; Tropicana and Naked Juice in juices; Pure Leaf and Brisk in ready-to-drink teas; AMP in energy drinks; Gatorade in sports drinks and Starbucks products in ready-to-drink coffee. In addition to our core powerhouse brands and products, we are continually launching successful innovation and expanding our product portfolio. Examples of recent product launches include premium water brand Life WTR, Mountain Dew Label Series, Pepsi 1893 series, Teahouse Collection, and the Gatorade Flow Series.
The Commercial Sales Organization leads strategic planning and directs national account retail selling for the beverages division. The organization brings strategic focus and enhanced communication by providing sales and promotional support to PepsiCo’s national customer accounts and bottlers. They seek to develop the beverage category and identify key priorities for increasing sales. Sales Associate Managers will be offered positions within the Customer or Commercial team of the Commercial Sales Organization.
The Customer team includes general managers who operate sales teams that are directly responsible for developing the annual account strategy and operating plan, delivering the sales P&L, and managing relations with our largest and most strategic customers. The Commercial team serves as a conduit between sales and marketing teams to ensure that innovation receives the appropriate financial and program support.
What you can expect:
From the beginning of their career at PepsiCo, Sales Associate Managers execute projects that develop high impact sales initiatives. Sales Associate Managers are placed into customer facing roles that allow them to collaborate directly with our customers for the implementation of successful sales plans. The work requires an advanced analytical skillset to evaluate the customer and competitive landscape to promote sales growth and customer success. The career path for this position is based upon the PepsiCo Career Growth Model where employees are given opportunities to develop functional excellence, leadership capability, knowledge of the business, and gain a breadth of critical experiences across sales such as customer call ownership, channel strategy, volume forecasting and planning, resource and cost planning and revenue management. These critical experiences can lead to the following roles: Customer Account Management, Regional Sales Leadership, Category Management, Shopper Marketing, and E Commerce.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience having worked in CPG industry
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing career in sales
- Strong understanding of retail environment – channel & category
- Prior finance, strategy, or analytics experience
- Strong analytical skillset with ability to synthesize complex data from multiple data sources into simple fact based insights
- Ability to influence, drive results and implement ideas in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity and offer meaningful recommendations
- Strong project management/project planning skillset demonstrated through previous relevant work experience and extracurricular involvement
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills with the ability to coordinate many tasks concurrently
- Proven ability to lead and influence team members through previous relevant work experience and extracurricular involvement
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal, and negotiation skills with knowledge of and ability to influence stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate within a matrix environment
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills with the ability to tell a story
- Results-orientated team player with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage conflict
- 3 – 4 years of work experience preferably in customer service, retail, or sales
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Be completing their final year of graduate (Master’s level) studies
- Hold a Master’s (or MBA) degree prior to the intended full time start date
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
- Minimum 2 years of work experience preferably in customer service, retail, or sales
- Geographically flexible and willing to relocate
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement