PepsiCo Sales Management Intern
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
PepsiCo provides a demanding, fast-paced environment in a competitive industry, where growth equals opportunity and fun accompanies the challenge. Does leading a team of 8-10 sales reps within your first two years excite you? Does spearheading a $10-15 million business sound rewarding? If so, PepsiCo might be the organization for you! Based on performance, candidates will have the unique opportunity to move rapidly to increasing levels of responsibility culminating into leadership positions across the sales function. Our college recruiting program is designed to build future sales leaders within our organization and groom candidates for key leadership roles.
What you can expect:
- Strong Focus on Leadership Skill Development
- Prescriptive Rotational Onboarding Structure
- Accountability of Leading the Frontline Selling Associates
- Flexibility and Autonomy to Achieve Selling & Team Goals
- High Visibility and Access to Senior Leadership
- Continued investment and training in cutting edge mobile technology with real time insights within the consumer packaged goods marketplace
- Internal Campus Networking Activities
- Centralized Report Out on Rotational Learnings & Project Results
In this role, you will be called upon to:
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to coach, develop, and influence various teams
- Lead the frontline through various change initiatives.
- Lead district meetings focused on plan to achieve sales objectives and other goals.
- Conduct "work-withs" and coaching sessions with frontline to develop their selling/customer service skills and efficiencies.
- Conduct periodic meetings with sales representatives to discuss performance and gap closure.
- Use your creativity and entrepreneurial mindset to grow volume & revenue to achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the assigned area.
- Learn the PepsiCo selling foundation: use fact-based selling skills and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Successfully interact with Customers and effectively sell in and execute Sales programs and initiatives.
- Collect, chart, and interpret statistical data; Prepare and deliver sales presentations to customers as required.
- Activate local and national marketplace initiatives and promotions to build brand development and maximize brand performance.
- (As the work environment is physical) stand, walk, reach, and squat throughout the work day.
Recent intern projects have included:
As part of our summer internship program, we aim to provide an experience designed for you to gain functional knowledge of sales and an opportunity to achieve results through the completion of a real-world sales-based project.
- Understanding our Direct-Store-Delivery model and gaining access to tools and processes to support volume growth
- Working closely with the sales professionals sharing strategies, data, and experience increasing future growth by communicating with customers; outlining incremental revenue strategies
- Introducing customers to new product launches - watching it go from a PowerPoint presentation to being executed in various stores
- Partnering with sales team to execute sales plans in various large format and small format stores in a specific geographic area
What we’re looking for:
- Desire to lead, develop and motivate frontline associates.
- Self-starting individuals who possess the passion and drive to win.
- Resilience and adaptability to solve problems.
- Ability to discern priorities and remain organized as business needs evolve.
- Strong work ethic and heightened sense of urgency to operate successfully in a fast paced environment.
- Proven leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus).
- Previous selling and/or customer service experience (on- or off-campus; either through part time jobs, internship, or academic clubs).
- Pursuing a Degree in: Management, Business Administration, Communications, Organizational Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Professional Selling (other related majors will be considered).
- Availability to work flexible schedules (including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends).
- Flexibility for relocation.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future.
- Have a valid driver’s license and access to an automobile to drive to various sales locations for duration of time in role.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement