Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
PepsiCo is the only company with three major trademarks in carbonated soft drinks – Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Mist Twist. When it comes to non-carbonated soft drinks, we have world class equities across every category – Aquafina in water; Tropicana and Naked Juice in juices; Pure Leaf and Brisk in ready-to-drink teas; AMP in energy drinks; Gatorade in sports drinks and Starbucks products in ready-to-drink coffee. In addition to our core powerhouse brands and products, we are continually launching successful innovation and expanding our product portfolio. Examples of recent product launches include premium water brand Life WTR, Mountain Dew Label Series, Pepsi 1893 series, Teahouse Collection, and the Gatorade Flow Series.
The Commercial Sales Organization leads strategic planning and directs national account retail selling for the beverages division. The organization brings strategic focus and enhanced communication by providing sales and promotional support to PepsiCo’s national customer accounts and bottlers. They seek to develop the beverage category and identify key priorities for increasing sales. Sales interns will be offered positions within the Customer or Commercial team of the Commercial Sales Organization.
The Customer team includes general managers who operate sales teams that are directly responsible for developing the annual account strategy and operating plan, delivering the sales P&L, and managing relations with our largest and most strategic customers. The Commercial team serves as a conduit between sales and marketing teams to ensure that innovation receives the appropriate financial and program support.
What you can expect:
The intern program provides a rich developmental experience in National Sales and Strategy over the course of a 10 week period between the months of June and August. Each intern is presented with a real business challenge and is tasked to think critically and engage with cross- functional partners to provide a meaningful recommendation. At the conclusion of the internship, interns will have the opportunity to showcase their project results and overall experience in a presentation to the senior leadership team. Interns have autonomy as well as full support, guidance, and feedback from their managers and the broader Sales organization throughout the internship.
In addition to core project work, the internship program provides interns with opportunities to learn the business, build functional knowledge, gain exposure to the global PepsiCo organization, and build their network. This is accomplished through an immersive orientation and onboarding program, day-to- day team activities, career development initiatives, mentorship, networking opportunities, and community service events. The internship serves as a main pipeline for full time Sales Associate Manager positions and can offer a full time opportunity upon graduation.
Previous intern projects include:
- Process improvement initiative to create efficiency in removing SKUs from product mix for key customer accounts
- Creation of optimal product composition strategies for coolers, caps, and gondolas for a key customer account
- Process improvement initiative to resolve product out of stock issue at a key customer account
- Creation of a strategy to drive channel sales for a next generation product category
- Development of a plan and strategy to grow product space and displays for a key customer account
What we’re looking for:
- Experience having worked in CPG industry
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing career in sales
- Strong understanding of retail environment – channel & category
- Prior finance, strategy, or analytics experience
- Strong analytical skillset with ability to synthesize complex data from multiple data sources into simple fact based insights
- Ability to influence, drive results and implement ideas in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity and offer meaningful recommendations
- Strong project management/project planning skillset demonstrated through previous relevant work experience and extracurricular involvement
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills with the ability to coordinate many tasks concurrently
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills with the ability to tell a story
- Results-orientated team player with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively manage conflict
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to lead and influence team members through previous relevant work experience and extracurricular involvement
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal, and negotiation skills with knowledge of and ability to influence stakeholders
- 3 – 4 years of work experience preferably in customer service, retail, or sales experience
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate within a matrix environment
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Pursuing a Master’s (or MBA) degree
- Graduate with Master’s (or MBA) degree within one (1) year of internship completion
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
- Submission of resume and cover letter
- Minimum 2 years of work experience preferably in customer service, retail, or sales experience
- Geographically flexible and willing to relocate
- Ability to complete a 10-12 week full-time internship between June and August
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement