Marketing Undergraduate Intern
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio of 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, LIFEWTR to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
Over the course of 10 weeks, interns will lead impactful business projects and gain valuable hands on experience while learning from experienced marketing professionals across one of our three U.S. headquarter locations: Chicago, IL (Quaker Foods, Tropicana, Gatorade); White Plains, NY (Pepsi Beverages); Dallas, TX (Frito-Lay) and Los Angeles, CA (Naked Juice, Izze, Kevita). You will be presented with a real-world business challenge and tasked to think critically and engage with cross functional partners. At the conclusion of the internship you will provide a strategic recommendation in a presentation to the senior leadership team. Interns have great autonomy as well as full support, guidance, and feedback from their managers and the broad marketing organization throughout the internship. The internship serves as PepsiCo’s main talent pipeline for marketing positions and can offer a full time opportunity upon graduation.
What you can expect:
At PepsiCo you can think like an entrepreneur, but with the global reach and resources to support you. As a Marketing Intern you will be given significant responsibility to create high impact marketing recommendations that enable PepsiCo to achieve short and long term strategic business objectives. In addition to core project work, you will develop and demonstrate functional ownership, leadership capability, and business acumen. The internship also provides exposure to best-in-class brands, campaigns, and marketers by means of professional development initiatives and mentorship.
Responsibilities may include:
- Partnering with agencies in the creation of brand positioning and communication strategies
- Generating brand activation ideas and strategies based on consumer insights
- Analysis of brand performance, competitor performance and channel dynamics.
- Development of communications plans in support of new product launches and promotional events
- Support of innovation teams in consumer analysis, concept development, and graphics development
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree with an expected graduation date within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Preferred majors: Business or Marketing (Others will be considered)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.2. Please include on your resume.
- Include GPA and stack-ranked location preference on your resume or cover letter (Chicago, IL ; Dallas, TX ; White Plains, NY; Los Angeles, CA)
- Be eligible to work in the United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
Preferred Candidate Experience and Characteristics:
- Proven leadership through extracurricular involvement
- Relevant marketing experience (on-or-off campus; either through part time jobs, academic clubs, or volunteer experiences)
- Unique experiences that demonstrate creative instinct, passion for marketing and deep consumer empathy
- Passion for consumer brands
- Familiarity with digital media platforms
- Strong analytical skillset with ability to find actionable, pragmatic solutions to complex problems
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Strong drive for results
- Intellectual curiosity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement