eCommerce Undergraduate Intern
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
PepsiCo’s eCommerce internship program is a 10 week summer program between June and August held in our NYC office with significant time spent in our Westchester HQ locations. An eCommerce summer internship at PepsiCo is an opportunity to independently solve a critical business problem and contribute real value to a fast-paced and emerging team. Each intern is presented with a timely question from their team, and challenged to both think strategically and engage cross-functional partners to provide a provocative and comprehensive recommendation during their final presentation. This structure mirrors the project-based work process of full-time employees. Although this process lends itself to great autonomy in setting agenda, workflow and output, interns have full support, guidance and feedback from their managers and the broader eCommerce organization. As a class, PepsiCo interns are availed of best-in-class exposure to senior leadership, educated on the global PepsiCo organization, and given opportunities to build relationships with fellow interns across both functions and US PepsiCo headquarters (New York, Dallas and Chicago). ECommerce is a rapidly changing and evolving source of growth for PepsiCo, it is imperative for our organization to drive an aggressive growth agenda in 2018.
What you can expect:
An eCommerce intern at PepsiCo will provide analytical support to senior managers in the development of various sales-driving initiatives and assist PepsiCo in achieving their short and long-term business strategy. The position requires significant interaction with various functions on the eCommerce team including sales, marketing, finance, strategy and supply chain to help bring the project to life. This position requires a highly quantitative skill set and comfort with analyzing data to develop detailed and thought provoking strategic analyses and recommendations. To accomplish this, the intern will be required to use a number of databases and scanner data systems.
What we’re looking for:
At PepsiCo, we look for highly self-motivated, results oriented people who will thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment. Our eCommerce team members need both strong analytical skills, keen instincts and a highly developed work ethic. Ultimately, PepsiCo is looking for high energy people who will be passionate about eCommerce and building our business and have a desire to take on significant accountability. We welcome diversity of thought and backgrounds and encourage candidates of all majors to apply.
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Strong analytical skills – as evidenced by high intelligence and previous ownership of comprehensive analytical tasks and projects
- Cross-functional “literacy” – as evidenced by the ability to work with support functions such as Supply Chain and Finance in capacities ranging from customer planning to product innovation
- Planning skills - as evidenced by the capability to develop tools such as annual plans and forecasts that incorporate Sales and Marketing input
- Strong problem-solving capabilities – as evidenced by a track record of finding feasible solutions to complex problems, especially in an environment with incomplete information and tight timelines
- Sound communication skills – as evidenced by the ability to educate and influence management and staff to act in the best interest of internal and external stakeholders through written and verbal communications
- Resilience – as evidenced by the courage maintain a positive attitude when faced with obstacles and the willingness to develop alternative approaches to overcome them
- Bias for action – as evidenced by a track record of taking decisions in to drive the interests of the business while still maintaining highest levels of rigor and compliance
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reports.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement