Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place R&D Interns/ Full- Time hires primarily in the three headquarter locations: Plano, TX; Chicago/Barrington, IL; Purchase/Valhalla, NY. In some cases, Interns/Full-Time hires will be placed in satellite locations. Location preferences will be discussed in the interview process.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, to LIFEWTR, to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Innovation is a critical way we impact the market, as well as communities around the globe. We believe there is value in products, people, and planet. And we strive to make a difference by creating solutions that leave a lasting positive footprint.
Our culture is driven by our employees. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, What Makes You Unique, Makes Us Better!
As a R&D Scientist with PepsiCo, you will have unique opportunities to increase technical knowledge by participating in the development of a diverse portfolio of beverage and snack product categories. The teams translate strategic market objectives into new products and processes, optimize designs per consumer response and select winning ideas for commercialization. Scientists participate in leading the product development process including new idea generation, prototype development, product optimization and production start-up. Successful candidates thrive in an environment of fast-paced, consumer-driven product development.
What you can expect:
- Develop product formulations that leverages expertise in food chemistry and food ingredient functionality
- Design and execute experiments, and analyze and interpret data to make sound technical recommendations on product and process
- Provide technical risk assessment/perspectives related to new product development
- Translate product attributes into formal specifications for manufacture
- Investigate and apply new technology to provide a competitive advantage
- Partner externally to source ingredients and leverage vendor expertise in ingredient functionality
- Lead development for quality/product improvement and productivity initiatives
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional business development teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Marketing, Finance, Purchasing, Engineering and many others
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a Food Science or related Degree
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives
- Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources
- Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions
- Ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel
Minimum Qualifications. Each candidate:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement